MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > Canadian Military Vehicle Organisations > Ontario Military Vehicle Association News

Notices

Old 29-09-16, 02:44

Default Queens Own Rifles day @ Casa Loma Nov 5th

The OMVA have been requested by the QOR to display vehicles at this event on November 5th. The event will start at 9:30am until 4:00pm. The request is for us to bring up to 10 MV's to be displayed in from of the building. I was there with three other vehicles last year. They took very good care of us all. The QOR association will supply a very good lunch for you and reimburse you for your fuel if you have traveled within the approximent area of the GTA. If you are interested in displaying your vehicle at this event please reply to this post. Last year there were many military displays inside the building that are a must see! Please come out and support us at this event. It is great exposure for the OMVA as there are many members of the public visiting Casa Loma every weekend.
Old 09-10-16, 06:43

Default Queen's Own Rifles Day, November 5th.

I know some great folks who served and are still associated with the QOR...sounds like a great event...will do my best to be there.
Cheers, Terry
1943 GM HUA (Project)
1962 Daimler Ferret (Sold)
Old 11-10-16, 02:40

Default Qor

Looks like the Vintage Signals Team will be there and also some members of the FSSF Group, should be a good time,
Old 06-11-16, 01:45

Default QOR Day2016 - OMVA

What a great day! Although a little cool...no rain and lots of sun. Thanks to the folks at Casa Loma and Queen's Own Rifles Museum for having us...what a privilege to have been invited and Thanks for the hospitality. Pictured from left to right; CPL Mario Carvalho CD QOR (Mississauga), me (Terry Witiuk, Mississauga), Robert Simpson (Loretto), Les Fisher (Oshawa), Dan McLaren (Troy), Frank Von Rosenstiel (Pefferlaw) and Brian Olivieri (Stoney Creek). Lots of visitors to our display...from as far away as Lviv, Ukraine and a wedding party where the Bride and Groom asked for permission to take pictures with the vehicles. Perhaps sounding a little corny, I really enjoyed the camaraderie this afternoon...Thanks...Sincerely. No better way to enjoy a Saturday than with friends.
Cheers, Terry.
Attached Thumbnails
QOR Day 2016.jpg   QOR Day 2016.1.jpg  
1943 GM HUA (Project)
1962 Daimler Ferret (Sold)

Last edited by Terry Witiuk; 06-11-16 at 01:02.
Old 06-11-16, 23:14

That's the second time for me at Casa Loma. The QOR sure takes good care of us including fuel for our vehicles, coffee & light snacks in the morning, a belly full of food at lunch and then light snacks and coffee again in the afternoon. Lots of visitors which once again gives the club great exposure. Thanks to the QOR for the invitation and thanks to the members that took part. The MV's that showed were MB jeep, M38 Jeep, Dodge command car which if there were judging I am sure it would have won, Iltis, Ferett, CUCV and a modern 6x6.
Old 09-11-16, 22:00
RC Sigs

Default Casa Loma

My first time there but would go again. A good time was had by all. I tried to upload a couple of photos, but as usual, couldn't here. Check out our FB group Canadian Military Vehicles or the OMVA FB page to see some more pics.
M-37 52-30890
M-220 CDN 53-
Iltis 85-87789
LSVW Trailer 2910-1210
M-100 CDN
M-101 CDN2
Chev 5/4 76-
OMVA MVPA AVMQ CAFA CAFL