MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > MILITARY VEHICLES > The Softskin Forum

Notices

Old 26-10-12, 15:30
RIP

Default National Military History Center to auction WWII vehicles

E-mail that I received this morning;

Quote:
Auctions America http://www.auctionsamerica.com is teaming up with the National Military History Center in Auburn, Indiana, to auction more than 80 military vehicles used during WWII and more than 100 historic military artifacts on Saturday, Dec. 8, at the center.

The goal is to help the center keep its doors open by paying off its mortgage by Dec. 31, 2012. We’d love to spread the word as each item will be offered to the highest bidder without a reserve. Those who are not in attendance can still bid online or by phone.

This is an incredible opportunity for people to walk away with timeless, historic military pieces. This is also the most full and half tracks ever offered for sale in one auction.

Let me know if it’s something of interest to your publication! Interviews and high-res images are available.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Best,

Last edited by Hanno Spoelstra; 26-10-12 at 16:16. Reason: formatting, please use the QUOTE button
Old 26-10-12, 16:13
carrier mech

I was looking at the auction pieces last night, and after reviewing the few Canadian pieces, I would hope that anyone thinking of bidding will invest in a plane ticket, as opposed to bidding online. There seem to be a few anomalies on some of the vehicles. Even so, it is still one of the more impressive collections that has been offered for sale on this side of the pond in a while.

This mk1 carrier seems to be missing more than a few rivets, and also seems to have acquired some mk2 traits.
Attached Thumbnails
MM12_r1043_01.jpg  
Old 26-10-12, 16:33
MLU Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob love View Post
I was looking at the auction pieces last night, and after reviewing the few Canadian pieces, I would hope that anyone thinking of bidding will invest in a plane ticket, as opposed to bidding online. There seem to be a few anomalies on some of the vehicles. Even so, it is still one of the more impressive collections that has been offered for sale on this side of the pond in a while.
While it is a vast collection, with a number of unique pieces, I'd say "buyer beware". I noticed when it was still at the Victory Musem at Arlon, Belgium, that a lot of the "restorations" are very crude & inaccurate. Some vehicles were bought restored and are better, though many of them seem to not have seen any service since they were put in the museum in Belgium. I even spotted a vehicle which still has the mud splattering from what must have been it's last outing at a show in the UK decades ago...

Here's the link to the catalogue: http://auctionsamerica.com/events/al...?SaleCode=MM12

H.
Old 28-10-12, 11:44

Quote:
While it is a vast collection, with a number of unique pieces, I'd say "buyer beware". I noticed when it was still at the Victory Musem at Arlon, Belgium, that a lot of the "restorations" are very crude & inaccurate. Some vehicles were bought restored and are better, though many of them seem to not have seen any service since they were put in the museum in Belgium. I even spotted a vehicle which still has the mud splattering from what must have been it's last outing at a show in the UK decades ago...
I agree with you on this Hanno, but I have to say that it's very sad that this collection is slowly falling apart. The badly done rebuilds were mostly German vehicles.
For potential buyers; some of the vehicle rebuilds were described in old issus of the French MV magazine, Ve-Mil, or Vehicules militaires.

Commonwealth wise, there are some interesting vehicles for sale, like the Morris PU 8x4, Windsor carrier, Loyd carrier, Standard Tilly........anyone spot the F60B anywhere in the auction (it was far from complete if I rememer correctly)?

Last edited by Alex van de Wetering; 28-10-12 at 11:56.
Old 28-10-12, 15:27
MLU Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex van de Wetering View Post
I agree with you on this Hanno, but I have to say that it's very sad that this collection is slowly falling apart. The badly done rebuilds were mostly German vehicles.
For potential buyers; some of the vehicle rebuilds were described in old issus of the French MV magazine, Ve-Mil, or Vehicules militaires.
Ineed the collection was made up by buying restored, running vehicles (although I doubt they were ever serviced, as some seem to not even have been washed before being put in the museum...).
Other vehicles were acquired as wrecks and restored or used for reconstructions - note the Maultier truck with British Universal Carrier tracks, and compare it with a real Maultier with German tracks (yes, the Maultier tracks system was patterned on the British Light Tank system, but not copied).

Quote:
Commonwealth wise, there are some interesting vehicles for sale, like the Morris PU 8x4, Windsor carrier, Loyd carrier, Standard Tilly........anyone spot the F60B anywhere in the auction (it was far from complete if I rememer correctly)?
I have not seen the F60B listed for auction, it was acquired as a chassis/cab (from a timber yard in Belgium, IIRC), and fitted with a crude gun platform and Bofors gun when restored by the Victory Museum. A couple of pictures of the F60B - as well as further information on this collection - can be found elsewhere on this forum here and here.

H.
Old 29-10-12, 02:19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanno Spoelstra View Post
While it is a vast collection, with a number of unique pieces, I'd say "buyer beware". I noticed when it was still at the Victory Musem at Arlon, Belgium, that a lot of the "restorations" are very crude & inaccurate. Some vehicles were bought restored and are better, though many of them seem to not have seen any service since they were put in the museum in Belgium.

Here's the link to the catalogue: http://auctionsamerica.com/events/al...?SaleCode=MM12
My sources say the same thing.
Old 30-10-12, 02:29
MLU Administrator

Reply from the auctioneers to a question of a fellow HMV club member:

Quote:
Thank you fort the inquiry on the Military vehicles we will be offering for sale on December 8th 2012. The majority of these vehicles we purchased from Victory Memorial Museum in Messancy Belgium and transported to Auburn Indiana between October 2001 to January 2002. The vehicles are museum display vehicles only, and have been sitting for at least 10 years. Many appear fairly complete but some are, or may be, missing major components such as engines, transmissions along with other parts. At minimum, a full mechanical service or complete rebuild would be required to make them operable if desired.
Auctions America by RM strongly recommends pre – inspecting the vehicles prior to their purchase.

Please bid accordingly and let me know if I can be of further assistance.
Old 02-11-12, 11:51
aut viam inveniam aut fac

I had a very brief look at the C60 offered..and noticed even just quickly several details that are incorrect, steering wheel, petrol carrier, no tool box, mirrors (ford) door knob, rear splash guards...
Old 13-11-12, 10:59
MLU Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by servicepub View Post
E-mail that I received this morning;
Quote:
The goal is to help the center keep its doors open by paying off its mortgage by Dec. 31, 2012.
This is endorsed by information on the Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums.

H.
Old 13-11-12, 11:01
MLU Administrator

Lots are still offered at no reserve, but each lot is now listed with an estimate (possibly to manage expectations?). That C15 - except for the German livery - actually isn't a bad looking truck, is it?

H.
Attached Thumbnails
MM12_r1034_08.jpg   MM12_r1061_01.jpg  
Old 13-11-12, 15:19
carrier mech

Those estimates, I believe, are extremely optimistic. I would be impressed if they saw half that.
Old 14-11-12, 04:33
3RD ECHELON WKSP

I think I said it before here on the Forum and got chastized for it but I will say it again.
Too many people believe that Museum quality is the be-all end-all when it comes to examples of correctly restored MVs, when in fact, in all too many cases, nothing could be further from the truth. Buyer beware indeed.

1968 M274A5 Mule Baifield USMC
1966 M274A2 Mule BMY USMC
1958 M274 Mule Willys US Army
1970 M38A1 CDN3 70-08715 1 CSR
1981 MANAC 3/4T CDN trailer
1943 Converto Airborne Trailer
1983 M1009 CUCV

RT-524, PRC-77s,
and trucks and stuff and more stuff and and.......

OMVA, MVPA, G503, Steel Soldiers
Old 14-11-12, 13:09
aut viam inveniam aut fac

I would guess you are correct in this case Chris, and indeed perhaps when it comes to "museum" military vehicles, probably in most cases.

Attention to detail is probably not a high priority, more simply a case of a "representation" of the vehicle in most cases..to give an unknowing public a general idea or impression, which may in fact be a very reasonable option, if the choice is between having a "representation" on display rather than having an item in the back room out of sight for years while waiting for an accurate restoration.

Other than jeeps (popular) we all know the difficulties of sourcing parts, most of which have been out of production for decades or longer. I dont think most museums have the time or money to "restore" the vehicles.

I find it interesting, the estimated value of the C60- especially one not seemingly very accurate. If I had rec'd anywhere near that amount for my C60 which was complete, accurate (albeit with the more useful 235 engine) and a rare winch equipped model, i would have been very very happy.

I wish them luck, and perhaps some of these vehicles will end up in the hands of people who will do them justice, but as others have suggested I-( not having deep pockets at all) would not bid until a very thorough personal onsite inspection, and it also sounds just a teeny bit off, in that they seem to prefer you to leave the vehicles there.

I hope we'll hear the results of the auction.
Old 27-11-12, 20:15

Default Mil Vehs at Auction

http://www.auctionsamerica.com/event...?SaleCode=MM12

regards
Darrell
Old 27-11-12, 21:54
MLU Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darrell Zinck View Post
Darrell,

I moved your post to this related thread.

Hanno
Old 28-11-12, 00:33

Hi Hanno

Thanks for that. I hadn't seen Clive's earlier post.

Hmmm.................we've this Severance Package $$ available............

regards
Darrell
Old 28-11-12, 02:56
Shop Dog

Id love to get my hands on that 12 ton prime mover...that trailer would come in handy
Old 09-12-12, 04:53
carrier mech

Better make sure you are sitting down before opening this link: http://www.auctionsamerica.com/event...ouping=&page=1

Ebay has nothing over these guys.
Old 09-12-12, 07:00
Member since 1998

Default The Sale

I had a look at the vehicle prices and they seem about right and some appear to be a good buy, the Morris for instance.

The artillery prices (in my opinion) were spot on. The 88 was cheap (all depending what bits are there/missing).
German stuff is always going to attract a higher price as this is now the realm of the rich collector or "I sold off my 3 American Tanks to buy a German one".

If that half trac quad was even 80% there it was a steal.

Buying "Museum Restorations" has to be done with care and a careful inspection of the work carried out before hand. A good curator with an even better budget can do great things but a good curator with no budget does what he/she can.

I started restoring military stuff 30 years ago because there was plenty of stuff around and it was cheap. Not anymore but I"m not buying a train set just yet.

Wayne Henderson
Perth Western Australia
Old 09-12-12, 14:02
MLU Administrator

Each one of us can make his/her remarks about a certain lot being sold for a steal or at a ridiculous price, I am only listing some of the Commonwealth prices here for future reference:

Lot: 102 1940 Ariel W/NG Motorcycle Sold for $ 6,200

Lot: 108 1940 Norton 16H Motorcycle Sold for $ 8,000

Lot: 122 1941 Chevrolet C15 CMP Personnel Carrier Sold for $ 25,000

Lot: 126 1944 Standard 12 HP Light Utility Car Sold for $ 17,000

Lot: 139 1940 Loyd Full-Track Carrier Sold for $ 25,000

Lot: 152 1940 Morris Commercial PU 8/4 4x4 Wireless Truck Sold for $ 12,000

Lot: 154 1944 Windsor Mark I Full-Track Universal Carrier C49WC Sold for $ 30,000

Lot: 161 1942 Ford Universal Mk I, No. 3 Full-Track Carrier Sold for $ 29,000

Lot: 167 1940 Humber Hexonaut GS 6x6 Amphibious Prototype Sold for $ 47,500

Lot: 175 1943 Chevrolet C60L CMP 4x4 General Service Truck Sold for $ 16,000

Lot: 178 1941 Humber FWD Utility Car Sold for $ 33,000

Lot: 182 1942 Velocette MAF Motorcycle Sold for $ 7,500

There was somethinig to be had for each and every one's liking.....

H.
Old 09-12-12, 19:05
Staghound

I guess I will stir some S***t but to my way of thinking the prices were on average, pretty damned good
There was some excellent deals and some bad ones but it sure gives a pretty good indication as to what the world market is.
There was bidders from around the world and they paid what they were willing to
Also the prices at the sale you can add at least another 22% plus shipping cost
NOW CALCULATE THE PRICE OF THE VEHICLES then take them home and restore them to running condition ( another 40 to 50 % ) unless they go into another museum.
the people have spoken and now it is a new game
"thought for the day"
Don,t you wish 35 years ago we had saved more? :
Old 09-12-12, 22:38
Rick Cove

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew Robertson View Post
NOW CALCULATE THE PRICE OF THE VEHICLES then take them home and restore them to running condition ( another 40 to 50 % ) unless they go into another museum.
:

After the famous Australian Museum sale in 2006, I restored the M3A1 White Scout Car. The final figure was almost 150% times the purchase price which was also quite high.

There was not one part which had missed out on the ravages of time. For example the transfer case was full of water and was almost 1 solid piece. The only item saved was the casing. 1/2 inch nuts and bolts on the chassis had rotted through, etc. etc.

Still it is now on the road, loved by it's owner and used often. Which is far better than sitting in a museum.

regards Rick.
1940 F30S Cab11
1940 Chev WA LRDG "Te Hai"
1941 F60L Cab12
1943 Ford Lynx
1942 Bren Gun Carrier VR no.2250
Humber FV1601A
Saracen Mk1(?)
25pdr. 1940 Weir No.266
25pdr. Australian Short No.185 (?)
KVE Member.
Old 09-12-12, 23:14
3RD ECHELON WKSP

While we are on the theme, I have often examined the cost of doing a restoration vs buying a restored vehicle.
I suppose it come down to where one's interest and ability lay. My personal enjoyment comes from fixing them up, although it is very easy to go over budget if not careful with the initial purchase. Of course, nowadays finding an example to restore in decent shape and at a good price is a challenge.
I suppose the reason a lot of fellows start off with a "project" is that it is affordable; saying this I mean that it is a lot easier to justify or even explain your way out of a purchase for a few hundred or even a couple thousands for your project and then pick away over time (years) to get it done vs dumping tens of thousands on a restored vehicle just to drive.
I have never bought a restored vehicle but if I was going to I would expect it to be to high standards. I have bought items that were said to be "restored" that were in fact amateur restorations or more aptly "preservations".
Often times I think that guys can find a good deal by looking at someone elses project that has lost interest, time, storage space etc. This is where the deals are to be had. In these situations I have found that along with the vehicle usually comes a lot of parts and extras which sometimes are worth more than the asking price alone. I can understand now why some guys have multiple parts vehicles, a result of many package deals. In some cases, package deals turn out really well, like a treasure hunt you never know what you may find. I purchased a project several years back that came with a bunch of parts. As it turned out, most of the parts had nothing to do with that particular vehicle but in "fire sale" fashion, liquidation of these to my friends and associates paid for my purchase vehicle. I was at break even. Nice.
My advice to anyone starting out is to always understand what you are getting into to the best of your ability, ask lots of questions, look for guidance and buy a project in the best condition you can afford. In the long run you will be happier and less broke.

1983 M1009 CUCV

RT-524, PRC-77s,

Old 09-12-12, 23:34
MLU Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew Robertson View Post
There was bidders from around the world and they paid what they were willing to
Also the prices at the sale you can add at least another 22% plus shipping cost
See Auburn auction of World War II military vehicles, artifacts raises nearly $3 million for a short account on a collector from France snapping up the most expensive items. Buyers premium was a mere 15%, according to the article.

Also:
Quote:
An unofficial report showed approximately $2.98 million in “hammer price” sales would go to the museum. The auction company adds a 15 percent bidder’s premium to each sale, which would bring the total sale close to $3.5 million.
This would mean the museum can pay it's unpaid bills and the rest of the vehicles will remain on display (including Rob's beloved F60B)? See Kruse WW2 Victory Museum - Auburn, IN - 2012 and Kruse WW2 Victory Museum - Auburn, IN - 2007/2009 for pictures of the museum's vehicle collection.

H.
Old 22-12-12, 20:27
MLU Administrator

Some more news about the buyer of a good number of the British vehicles: http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/16/au...anted=all&_r=0

Thanks to Ron for the heads-up!

H.

Quote:
Check-to-Check Combat Over Vintage War Matériel
By TUDOR VAN HAMPTON

AUBURN, Ind. — Don Coffman broke the news to his wife by telling her he had bought a German convertible.
Technically, it was not a lie: the vehicle was German, and it did have a folding top, but it was not the sporty ride she probably had in mind. Instead, it was a 1941 Volkswagen Kübelwagen Type 82, the first acquisition in a collection of war matériel begun 10 years ago by Mr. Coffman, a refrigeration service technician from Marengo, Ill.
A predecessor of sorts to the rustic Volkswagen Thing sold briefly in the United States in the 1970s, the Type 82 served as Nazi Germany’s version of the military jeep. Today, such war machines have become highly collectible.
“I bought it for $16,000,” said Mr. Coffman, 40, as he scouted for potential purchases here at a Dec. 8 auction of World War II-era vehicles from the collection of the National Military History Center. “If I went to sell it today, it would be about $60,000.”
The draw of military machines cuts across a surprisingly wide spectrum of auto enthusiasts.
“I’m geared differently,” explained Mr. Coffman, who owns German vehicles, equipment, weapons and other Axis memorabilia that he uses for battle re-enactments. “If it’s not camouflaged, I don’t want it.”
More than 350 spectators and registered bidders from 19 countries turned out in person, on the telephone and by the Internet for the no-reserve auction conducted at the museum by Auctions America. In addition to 82 World War II-era vehicles — still in their museum displays and many fitted with guns that had been made inoperable — the auction also included 100 lots of uniforms, mess kits, tools and other items.
“This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity,” Mr. Coffman said.
Just before the sale started, auctioneers reminded bidders that they would need to pass a background check and possibly obtain special permits from the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives before they would be allowed to remove some of the items.
Spirited bidding erupted. Richard D. Waistell, an engineer from Berkshire, England, came looking for good examples of British vehicles to add to his collection, which includes a 1919 steam-traction engine, a 1957 Land Rover ambulance and a 1954 Bedford fire engine.
“It’s a good way of investing money because these vehicles always go up in value,” said Mr. Waistell, 69. “But it’s not done for the money, it’s done for the enjoyment.”
After carefully inspecting several lots, Mr. Waistell made winning bids on six lots: a 1940 Ariel W/NG motorcycle, 1944 GMC CCKW air-compressor truck, 1944 Standard utility car, 1940 Loyd full-track carrier, 1940 Morris truck and 1942 Velocette MAF motorcycle.
“The idea is, my sons and I will restore them, get them up and running again and exhibit them in rallies in the U.K.,” Mr. Waistell said.
The sale offered enthusiasts vehicles ranging in price from a few thousand to hundreds of thousands of dollars. For example, Mr. Waistell picked up the Ariel motorcycle for $7,130, including a 15 percent buyer’s premium, while another bidder bought a rare Daimler-Benz DB10 12-ton halftrack prime mover for $230,000. The sale included trucks and tracked machinery bearing such marques as Citroën, Diamond T, Fiat, Hotchkiss, Humber, Indian, Opel, Steyr and Zundapp.
Previewing the auction lots, Frank Depoutot, 55, a mechanic in St. Louis, paused to marvel at a 1942 Harley-Davidson 42XA, a motorcycle that was reverse-engineered from German BMWs. It was built with a horizontally opposed 2-cylinder engine rather than Harley’s typical V-twin.
“I’ve never touched one,” he said. “I’d love to get my grubby little mechanic hands on it.”
Harley made only about 1,000 examples of the bike, which was available only to the military. This one sold for $46,000.
Eric Kauffmann, 45, who operates a private war museum near Strasbourg, France, came to bid on pieces for his collection of 150 war vehicles.
“The difficult ones to find are the German and the French — even in Europe,” he said.
Finding parts for such machines can be equally challenging, hobbyists said. Randy and Shane Harnish, a father-and-son team from Bluffton, Ind., restore vintage Army jeeps and fabricate replica guns for vintage military vehicles. They spent a good deal of time inspecting a 1944 White M16 halftrack to gauge its completeness.
Still equipped with two of its original four .50 caliber M2 Browning machine guns mounted on an M45 Maxson turret, the Meat Chopper, as the antiaircraft truck was commonly called, sold for $109,250; the price handily exceeded the pre-auction estimate. Similarly, a GMC DUKW, an amphibious machine equipped with both 6-wheel drive and a propeller, soared past its estimate, selling for $111,550.
“My biggest mistake 15 years ago was not buying everything I could get my hands on,” said Randy Harnish, 64. “A nice restored World War II Jeep 15 years ago was $7,000, and today that same one would bring $20,000.”
Some collectors said they use their vehicles for educational purposes — to help veterans open up.
“We’re into historical preservation,” said Fred N. Ropkey, a charter member of the Military Vehicle Preservation Association who owns a tank museum in Crawfordsville, Ind. Veterans, he explained, “need to have an outlet for the emotions that they were not able to release for so long.”
Though Axis equipment, flags and other items are important artifacts of World War II history, displaying swastikas and similar symbols can be touchy.
“We just can’t put them up,” said Mr. Ropkey, 83, speaking of some German flags in his collection. “The ones that we will put up are signed by the crews that captured them. Then, it becomes a thing of pride.”
Officials with the Auburn museum, which opened in 2003, said they planned to apply the event’s proceeds toward a $2.9 million debt left from the construction of a museum building that never opened.
“The other building was foreclosed, and it left us with a very large mortgage,” said Tamara Hantz, the operations manager of the military museum. “That is what inspired the auction.”
The military museum’s collection was originally bought by Dean Kruse in Messancy, Belgium, in 1999 and brought to Auburn. Mr. Kruse, the former classic-car auctioneer whose annual Labor Day sale was once billed as the largest collector-car auction in the world, established a foundation, donating the collection and building a 200,000 square-foot building to display it and other vintage vehicles.
While Mr. Kruse continues as a member of the foundation’s board of directors, he no longer operates an auction business. In 2010, the Indiana Auctioneer Commission stripped him of his auction license after complaints that he had not paid consignors for sales; at the time, Mr. Kruse countered that buyers had not paid him.
He subsequently sold his 235-acre Auburn auction park, located near the military museum, to RM Auctions, based in Canada. RM used the new location to establish its United States subsidiary, Auctions America.
This sale, which raised $2.9 million, will help make room for new exhibits for the museum. Plans include eventually expanding the facility to cover other American wars, Ms. Hantz said.
“We literally have storage rooms with thousands and thousands of pieces of memorabilia and artifacts,” she said, adding that more vehicles, including a Korean War personnel carrier, were waiting in the wings. “Unfortunately I can’t go get it because I have nowhere to put it.”
Still, the thought of letting go of so many vehicles was not easy, Ms. Hantz said. The museum gave winning bidders the option to keep vehicles here on loan or to donate them back to the facility. According to Ms. Hantz, the museum would continue to display at least 31 pieces in its collection.
“It’s kind of a bittersweet day today,” Ms. Hantz said at the auction. “I think the reality will hit when they start leaving out the back door.”
Old 16-03-13, 09:09
MLU Administrator

The C60L is back on the market:
http://www.milweb.net/webverts/66711/

"1941" ?!?
"Just needs a few things to take it back to factory configuration" ?!?

H.
Attached Thumbnails
e.jpg  
Old 15-04-13, 21:05
'40 Ford F8, 4 x 2

Marc,
Having restored an F8 I've got some interest in the C60 currently listed on eBay. I'm perhaps a glutton for punishment but would like your thoughts on the major things needed to be done to "fix" this truck up right. Would appreciate very much your thoughts!
Best regards,
Jim Price
PS I can tell you with NO doubts whatsoever that I'll never get repaid every dollar I spent on the resto of my F8. The 1st Place trophy for Military Vehicles at a recent Wheels of Britain show here in Phoenix will be the best I'll ever get!
Old 15-04-13, 23:41
3RD ECHELON WKSP

Right off I see the marker lights on the front fenders are incorrect, the side windows are incorrect and the rear cargo body is incorrect.

1983 M1009 CUCV

RT-524, PRC-77s,

Old 04-01-21, 15:37
MLU Administrator

Default A well travelled Tilly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex van de Wetering View Post
This is a well travelled Standard Utility: it originally came from the UK, then to Victory Museum in Belgium, then to USA, back to UK and now in the Netherlands.

Recently I found the Victory Museum catalogue from my visit to the museum in Arlon, Belgium in the early 1990s:
Click image for larger version

Name:	image_72192707.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	558.7 KB
ID:	118835

Also a picture of when it was on display in the Kruse WW2 Victory Museum - Auburn, IN in 2007: https://www.vgbimages.com/AFV-Photos...ictory-Museum/:

Name:	Standard-Tilly_Kruse-WW2-Victory-Museum_Auburn-IN- USA_2007-2009.jpg
Size:	215.0 KB
ID:	118836

When it was auctioned in 2012: https://rmsothebys.com/en/auctions/m...p-light/734468.
It was bought by Richard D. Waistell and bought back to Berkshire, England:

Name:	1944 Standard 12 HP Light_RM-auctions_2012.jpg
Size:	549.1 KB
ID:	118837

It came back on the market in 2020 and was then sold to a Dutch collector.
As it stands today undergoing maintenance at Martin IJdo's Historic Engineering:

Name:	131894568_4261246323902210_7945466798380147998_o.jpg
Size:	1,015.8 KB
ID:	118844