MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > MILITARY VEHICLES > The Gun Park

Notices

Old 09-05-12, 22:44
T' Guns thank God t' guns

Default A different kind of Gun Drill!

I know its not a Canadian artillery piece but our local army cadet corps, 1st Anti-Tank Regiment, Royal Canadian Artillery, (someone had to keep the name of the anti-tank Gunners alive!), practices gun drill on our Russian 45mm Pushka, Tankoprotivo which is a clone of the German Panzer Abwehr Kanone 36, as the Canadian six pounder is just a bit too heavy for the cadets to handle. The older cadets do handle the six pounder quite well!

This past weekend the cadets were doing a public demonstration while practicing their drills and one of my god-daughters came by with her Mummy and Daddy. Two year old Victoria watched the cadets for a while and then started imitating their drill... she had no problem with getting her knee up nice and high on the attention and stand at ease, much to the embarrassment of one cadet. It seems his performance, or lack there of, resulted in his being compared to Victoria in an unflattering fashion by a somewhat annoyed cadet Sergeant... "If that two year old can get her knee up to the requisite height so can you, you idle crow!"

Victoria then decided that she would help with the drag rope which quickly morphed into a skipping rope in her tiny hands!

Kids make me smile!

Mike
Attached Thumbnails
Victoria doing drill.jpg   Our world famous Gun Drill Detachment doing a public display at The Hobby Centre on Sat, 5 May 1.jpg   Little Gunner Victoria Carriere trys to skip rope!.jpg  
www.calnan.com/swords
Old 10-05-12, 01:30
Mr. HUP

Default Gun Control

Good to see that the lads and ladies were properly supervised. I am looking forward to their gun drill at the upcoming Annual Review of 1st ATK 2958 RACC.