MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > GENERAL WW2 TOPICS > WW2 Military History & Equipment

Notices

Old 17-01-04, 02:02

Smile Looking for German to English Translation of Old Family War Documents

Hi Gang,

I had Grandfathers on both sides of the 2nd World War, one Canadian that served in the 2nd Division from 1940 to 1945. I know quite alot about his stories and the places he saw action in, but my German grandfather who served in the German Cavalry before the war and later got sent to the Russian front during the war, and he didnt tell me much about his experiences. He as many veterans did, didnt tell his family much of his experiences because he believed rightly or wrongly that they could not comprehend them. I have learned and travelled Europe with my Canadian Grandfather and have seen many of the places and battlefields where he and the Canadians fought. I want to know where my German Grandfater served and fought and what battles he was in etc etc but I cannot read his military service documents. Is there anyone out there that can read German and translate them so I can find out his unit number and division number so I can do some research and find the info I want????

I realize the chances of finding this info at a Canadian Military History site is slim but I thought I would try anyway.

Regards
Gregg:
Old 17-01-04, 02:08
former OC MLU, AKA 'Jif' - sadly no longer with us

Default No problem, Gregg

I have direct German connections, one of whom is even a member here (although not seen recently). In what form is your documentation?