MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > GENERAL WW2 TOPICS > WW2 Military History & Equipment

Notices

Old 13-11-08, 01:50

Default 176 Coy, Royal Engineers history

Hi all

Im wondering if anyone can point me in the direction of any history for the 176 Coy, Royal Engineers. I have a customer at work who was with that unit and he was so happy to find out how much involved I am with this stuff.

He told me they were attached with 3rd Cnd Inf Div from Normandy on to the end in May45. Ive asked him more questions about his time in the service but his memory is fading badly and he doesn't remember many details. He did tell that for parades and other official services they would all be issued with Cnd BD. Once the ceremony was over with they were all instructed to hand them back in and go back to the Brit BD.

If anyone has any info they can post up or point me in the direction of, I'd be most gratefull.

Here is a photo of myself and him from June 06 when I had my UC on display at work.
Attached Thumbnails
FrankWarren01.jpg  
C15A-Wire3, 1944
Willys MB, 1942
10cwt Canadian trailer
Old 13-11-08, 02:45
"Mr. Manual", sadly no longer with us

Default 176th Company....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan Baker View Post
Hi all

Im wondering if anyone can point me in the direction of any history for the 176 Coy, Royal Engineers. I have a customer at work who was with that unit and he was so happy to find out how much involved I am with this stuff.

He told me they were attached with 3rd Cnd Inf Div from Normandy on to the end in May45. Ive asked him more questions about his time in the service but his memory is fading badly and he doesn't remember many details. He did tell that for parades and other official services they would all be issued with Cnd BD. Once the ceremony was over with they were all instructed to hand them back in and go back to the Brit BD.

If anyone has any info they can post up or point me in the direction of, I'd be most gratefull.

Here is a photo of myself and him from June 06 when I had my UC on display at work.

Jordan..
It appears that was a workshop company..Here is a story from a guy that was also in that company..
Check it out..maybe it will ring some bells for the old lad..
Well done.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/ww2peopleswar/s...a1144298.shtml
Old 13-11-08, 03:13

Thanks Alex

Hi name is Frank Warren. I noitced that list given at the end is only for HQ troop. There were two Warren's listed but he may have been in another troop.

I will print this off for him next time he comes in. Thanks again.
C15A-Wire3, 1944
Willys MB, 1942
10cwt Canadian trailer