MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > 'B' ECHELON > The Sergeants' Mess

Notices

Old 30-12-06, 22:21
Vets Dottir

Default MLU-ers 2006

Hello MLU-ers,

2006 is about to shift to 2007. Already our Aussie friends are probably already having, or have had, their breakfasts, and are thinking about preparing and doing New Years Eve things, getting ready to ring in 2007 a day ahead of us over here, as they are into the morning of Dec. 31st right now ...

And here I am looking "backwards" as is so often my habit (but how appropriate to MLU as MLU is all about looking back at people, times, places, and things, of the past" ...

This afternoon (2:09 p.m. here, Dec 30th, as I type) I think back over MLU and 2006, and I wonder what changes and new things the year brought to all of you. I know my life brought big changes again, in major moves and new starts.

I think a lot about Art Johnson. I miss him a lot. 2006 took our friend Art from us physically, but can never take his spirit and presence from MLU, or from our hearts and minds. I only wish I had some Drambuie here with me so that I could lift a toast to Art, in gratitude for his help and his friendship, and in thanks for the delight I always felt when he would say in the forum to me, "Who loves you baby" ... Well, I'll never forget you Art, and shall always miss having you here with us. and

I know a lot of you MLU-ers have had big changes in your lives too. Major moves, losses, gains, the stuff of life ... and death ... and ever-changingness.

I raise my cup of coffee to toast all of you for getting through yet another year of MLU and MLU-ing and are still going strong, forever forging friendships strong and deep ..........

Karmen sends.
Old 30-12-06, 22:28

Default Re: MLU-ers 2006

Quote:
Originally posted by Vets Dottir
Hello MLU-ers,

2006 is about to shift to 2007. Already our Aussie friends are probably already having, or have had, their breakfasts, and are thinking about preparing and doing New Years Eve things, getting ready to ring in 2007 a day ahead of us over here, as they are into the morning of Dec. 31st right now ...

And here I am looking "backwards" as is so often my habit (but how appropriate to MLU as MLU is all about looking back at people, times, places, and things, of the past" ...

This afternoon (2:09 p.m. here, Dec 30th, as I type) I think back over MLU and 2006, and I wonder what changes and new things the year brought to all of you. I know my life brought big changes again, in major moves and new starts.

I think a lot about Art Johnson. I miss him a lot. 2006 took our friend Art from us physically, but can never take his spirit and presence from MLU, or from our hearts and minds. I only wish I had some Drambuie here with me so that I could lift a toast to Art, in gratitude for his help and his friendship, and in thanks for the delight I always felt when he would say in the forum to me, "Who loves you baby" ... Well, I'll never forget you Art, and shall always miss having you here with us. and

I know a lot of you MLU-ers have had big changes in your lives too. Major moves, losses, gains, the stuff of life ... and death ... and ever-changingness.

I raise my cup of coffee to toast all of you for getting through yet another year of MLU and MLU-ing and are still going strong, forever forging friendships strong and deep ..........

Karmen sends.
Hear Hear

Cheers
Cliff