MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > GENERAL WW2 TOPICS > WW2 Military History & Equipment

Notices

Old 03-09-03, 22:30

Default WD / T / CT Census Numbers

I am looking for WD numbers for all / any of the M3A3's used by the following:

3rd Batt, Scots Grds, 6th Grds Tank Brg, June 1944
"Corryhoylie", "Craig-n-Darroch", "Duntrune", "Ghillie Callum", "Hielan'Laddie", "Killiecrankie", "Moneymusk", "Reel o'Tulloch", "Sandy Cameron", "Sheepwife", "The Black Bear", "Tullochgorm"

4th Battalion,Coldstream Guards,6th Guards Tank Brigade, June 1944
"Falcon", "Fly Catcher", "Hawk", "Kite", "Merlin", "Osprey", "Peregrine", "Snipe"

23rd Hussars,29th Armoured Brigade,11th Armoured Division
"Grind", "Grub" and "Grumble"

For that matter I am also looking for any WD numbers from any WWII vehicle.
Cheers
Kevin
Old 14-09-03, 09:09

Default British Census numbers for'B' vehicles

Hi
I have available a reproduction of the 1944 Chilwell list on allotted census numbers for 'B' vehicles. The original version is in numerical sequence from cencus number 1 to app. 6.500.000.
I also have a re-worked version available where all entries are reshuffled in 4 groups:
-1- vehicles by manufacturer and in sequence of contract reference.
-2- trailers by manufacturer and in sequence of contract reference.
-3- motorcycles by manufacturer and in sequence of contract reference.
-4- all other entries, appart from not taken up numbers blocks, which I have omitted.

BR,

Rob
Old 14-09-03, 09:43

Thumbs up WD / T / CT Census Numers

Hello Rob,

Thanks for your reply. I was actually looking for specific WD numbers against the "named" vehicles.
But I would certainly be interested in the breakdown lists that you have.
Thanks again for the reply.
Cheers
Kevin T
Old 25-09-03, 16:01

To Rob van Meel
Rob
I have been trying to put together a database of census numbers allocated to vehicles within Canadian units and specific vehicle types - and extending it to location,date etc. from photographs. It is beginning to fall into a pattern, except for the T and F vehicles, which seem to be particularly irregular.
Does your list cover in detail the breakdown for the Canadian allocation - e.g. most are in the 42xxxxxx series? If so, I would like to arrange to obtain some of that information.
Regards
David Moore
Kingston, Ontario
Old 11-10-03, 00:38
British Indian Army

Default WD No. for carriers

I may be able to help on this one. I can put together all the WD Nos issued for the production of carriers by Canada from a list I have. As well as that I have a list of 453 CT numbers and which Canadian Regt. they were issued to. Let me know what you are after, I can't promise it right away I'm afraid.

Nigel
Old 14-10-03, 00:55

Default CT numbers etc.

Nigel
Many thanks - I would like very much to receive your numbers list. I assume your location to be in Scotland (?) and since I am in Canada, perhaps photocopy by steam mail is best - or e-mail? I would be happy to cover the cost of copying and mailing.

I have the Stilwell list for armour from Kevin Tucker which contains the "allocated to Canada " blocks of numbers. He and I assume these to mean " allocated to vehicles to be built in Canada" rather than "for issue to Canadian units". My limited photograph-based data so far shows Canadian units to have as many vehicles outside the "allocated to Canada" blocks as within. Your info will help clarify. I would also like to see the CT/ unit data that you have. Mine is very limited.

I would still also like to see the softskin vehicles census number list that Rob mentioned.

I am trying to put all the data that I have (including the census numbers included in Peter Ford's CMP list. My initial stuff is in Microsoft Access but since nobody else seems to use that I'm thinking of redoing it in Excel.

Best wishes
David Moore