MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > MILITARY VEHICLES > The Armour Forum

Notices

Old 14-04-14, 20:34
CMP Modeller

Default Marmon Herrington Armoured Car Radio

Hi All,
I'm hoping somebody can help me please. I am making a 1/35th. scale model of the Marmon Herrington Armoured Car from a very good plastic kit. The problem is that the instructions show the finished vehicle in Caunter Camouflage but the kit comes with a very good model of the No.19 wireless set which I thought came into use after the Caunter camouflage was ended. I have the very good book by William Marshall on the South African Reconnaissance car & I think all the photos in the book have the aerial for the No.11 set & not the two for the No.19 set. Looking on the internet has not helped either. I do want to make this as per kit but with all the doors open to show the inside the radio is very prominent. The manufacturer has done an excellent job with this kit but has made a mistake with the 'sand channels' being of an earlier mark, so the radio may well be another.
Thanks in anticipation,
Regards Howard Robins