MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > 'B' ECHELON > Military Shows & Events

Notices

Old 27-10-11, 03:07
Addicted to Drab

Default Southern Ontario Military Muster 2012

Hi Folks,

Mark your calendars ....25-26 August 2012...

Many new goodies added to the website www.militarymuster.org
and the hightlight of the event will be a Vietnam reenactment complete with a Vietnam Veteran "Slick" Huey in full operation. Just imadgine "dust offs" in front of the crowd ....not to mention the WW1 Trench raid and the WW2 re enactment.....New layout for the show....the battlefield area will be the parking lot and the parking lot will be the battlefield area....no traffic issues and rubber-necking from the highway will not be a bother. Traffic will not need to be blocked on the main highway. Much more anticipated but I cannot let the info out until confirmed. Keep checking and see you in August.

cheers

Mike Timoshyk
Event Coordinator
Southern Ontario Military Muster
www.militarymuster.org
Old 19-07-12, 03:31

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to give everyone a heads up about this years show!

Things have been coming together nicely and we have changed a few things around this year with the layout, basicly we moved the re-enactment field in where the parking was the previous years which is going to help with the moving of vehicles to a from the field between re-enactments.

We are having a dance and BBQ on Saturday night for all you hungry gents and ladys who want dress for the part and grab a bite to eat and watch our live entertainment "The British Beat" which will being playing a lot of Vietnam era music.

If you haven't heard yet we have an actual Vietnam Veteran Huey helicopter coming this year and will be flying around and taking part in the Vietnam re-enactment which will consist of the Huey coming in and landing in the LZ and troops dismounting and jumping into a full fledged battle and then taking off again. The Huey will be flying on both the days so get your cameras ready and hang on to your hats cause it's going to be awesome! We will also be having the WWI trench and re-enactment and also a WWII re-enactment so if you want to get in on this then go to our website and register please.

This year we will also have some heavy armour consisting of a Russian BMP-1 APC and possibly a WWII Sexton both great pieces of kit that will have their own time slot after the re-enactments to shred up the little sod and give our spectators a first hand look at armour in motion, a must see for all!

There will be many vehicles at the show to see, on average 50-60 of them from jeeps to trucks to Universal Carriers, artillery guns etc from all over Ontario, Michigan and Ohio, plus many displays by the re-enactors to interact with. We have many vendors coming again this year if you need to find that piece of kit you don't have yet or just want to bring home something unique it will be at the show.

So check out our website at www.militarymuster.org or find us on Facebook and check out whats going on and if your a vendor or bringing your vehicle to the show please register early to save you some time when you come to the show.

More updates to come, look forward to seeing eveyone!

Best Regards,

Jason Henry
Vehicle Co-odinator
Southern Ontario Military Muster
Old 30-07-12, 01:18
metal urgest

Lets have a show of hands of those hardy souls attending this year. I am feverishly trying to complete the Sexton to get it out this year. BMP and possibly the carrier are going.

Perry
Old 30-07-12, 03:43
GM Fox I

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perry Kitson View Post
Lets have a show of hands of those hardy souls attending this year. I am feverishly trying to complete the Sexton to get it out this year. BMP and possibly the carrier are going.

Perry
My wife says the Fox and carrier can attend.
Old 30-07-12, 20:49
Addicted to Drab

Default Muster Madness

I will be there....what as ???? remains to be seen....

With Blondie and newbie
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P9270790.jpg (59.3 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg 42 F15A.jpg (76.8 KB, 22 views)
Old 30-07-12, 21:12
HLIofC - Normandy Pl

Default .

[I]'m in with a new toy.....The usual crew will be on exercise, though...

too many carriers
too many rovers
not enough time.
(and now a BSA...)
(and now a Triumph TRW...)