MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > 'B' ECHELON > The Sergeants' Mess

Notices

Old 27-07-06, 19:30
RIP

Default Thunderbirds For Peace

Diary of a Transport Squadron.
Juat received this autographed 807 page book authored by Laurence Motiuk of Ottawa,ex RCAF pilot,from my brother the captain,or as he likes to be called,the Flight Lieutenant.The book concerns the post WW2 history of 426 "Thunderbird " Squadron,from flying post war Lancs to Dakotas through flying the North Star during their day to day tenure flying the Korean airlift route from the US West Coast.A great read for ex RCAF types.Proceeds from this book will be going to the refurbishment of our last Northstar,currently on view outdoors at the Canadian Aviation Museum in Ottawa.

I have no relationship with the author but feel his is a worthwhile project to save a piece of our Airforce history.
Old 28-07-06, 05:46
Vets Dottir

Hey Garry,

Sounds good

I had the pleasure of meeting an Ex-RCAF pilot who was a bomber pilot for the 426 SNOWY OWLS SQUADRON in WW2 ... he was the father of a neighbor and came for a visit when I lived in Nelson, and we visted some, and went to dinner with a few people, and we had the local Piper come play at the restaurant for him ... in full kilt dress with pipes. STU CARRUTHERS, the pilot, told me some amazing stories. There's actually a thread in here I started somewhere ... something about his plane, The WANKY WONDER and trying to connect with some of his comrades from his old squadron

Woof and Arf to Shad from Ma Yappy

Karmen.