MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > 'B' ECHELON > The Sergeants' Mess

Notices

Old 23-07-13, 02:32
Rick Cove

Default Anzac Girls by AG TV P/L

Off to Adelaide today to check out my 1916 Albion which is to be used in a new production about the Nurses of WWI.

I don't know too much about the actual film. Not even sure if it is a movie or a TV series at this stage. All will be known tomorrow.

The filming will be in and around Adelaide and Myponga. So more to follow.

I do know that they have hired the Albion for 10 weeks and are flying Jill and I over a few times to keep an eye on the truck.

It has been an interesting event with the arrangements to get it ready etc as it is kept at the Bandiana Military Museum. The logistics have been arranged by the company using an Albury transport company.

I'll keep you posted as I find out more.

Regards Rick.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_5003a.jpg  
1940 F30S Cab11
1940 Chev WA LRDG "Te Hai"
1941 F60L Cab12
1943 Ford Lynx
1942 Bren Gun Carrier VR no.2250
Humber FV1601A
Saracen Mk1(?)
25pdr. 1940 Weir No.266
25pdr. Australian Short No.185 (?)
KVE Member.
Old 23-07-13, 04:23
WO8 C15A 142736

Have a good time Rick and Jill, although Rick I thought you were trying to avoid nurses.
Old 23-07-13, 13:43
Rick Cove

Thanks Robert, Just looked up the program on google.

see:-http://www.marqueemgt.com.au/tag/anzac-girls/

It is a six part mini-series about 5 nurses in WWI. This will be shown sometime around Anzac Day 2015.

Got some nice actresses to meet it seems.

Rick
1940 F30S Cab11
1941 F60L Cab12
1943 Ford Lynx
Humber FV1601A
Saracen Mk1(?)
25pdr. 1940 Weir No.266
KVE Member.
Old 23-07-13, 14:41

By the sound of it we better alert Jill to keep a close eye on you Rick.

Dave
Old 24-07-13, 02:25

Default Mystery truck

I was travelling from Beaufort to Ballarat last Thursday I think and saw a WW1 truck on the back of a transporter heading the other way. Knowing your truck was in the Bandiana museum Rick had me scratching my head as to who else I knew had another oldie in Victoria. Problem solved.
Old 26-07-13, 14:00
Rick Cove

Yes Jack, that was my old girl.

Jill and I flew to Adelaide on Wednesday and went to the sound stage/ storage area to check things out. The Albion was sitting there a bit wet but had traveled well. I met the chap who will be looking after her and he is a veteran vehicle owner and seemed to know a fair bit about how to look after a vehicle which will be 100 years old in a couple of years.

There are 9 listed things to do before starting her up and so I went through them with him and whilst no.10 is not listed, it involves crossing your fingers. Any way, I put in some fuel, went through the start up procedure and pulled up on the crack handle and after a rest of nearly two years, she fired up on the first compression.

I then had to set up the hoodbows and put on the canopy, give her a grease and oil and oil the hubs. The Albion is by design a vehicle which "marks it's territory". You put oil in the hubs and it runs out the rear of the hub and lubricates the chain drive then drips onto the road. (A good one to get past the roadworthy people.)

We met the script writer and series producer as well as some of the actors and quite a few of the set designer/artists.

We will go back during the filming a couple of times to keep an eye on things.

Here is a bit of info about the series:-

ABC1 has commissioned a miniseries based on true stories of ANZAC nurses to commemorate the centenary of World War 1 and Gallipoli.

A co-production between Screentime and ABC TV, the six part series tells the true stories of extraordinary young women who witness the brutality and heroism of war and rise to meet the challenge.

It is based on Peter Rees’ book The Other ANZACs, sourced from original letters, diaries and personal stories of Australian and New Zealand nurses who served in World War I.

An ABC Press Release says, “In December 1914, the first women volunteers for the Army Nursing Service sailed from Australia bound for the Great War. Diverted to Egypt in preparation for the Gallipoli campaign they served in Alexandria, Gallipoli, Lemnos and on the Western Front. Through shocking hardship they experienced exceptional friendship, passionate love, success and heartbreak.”

Writing the miniseries are Felicity Packard (MDA, Underbelly, Underbelly: A Tale of Two Cities, Underbelly: The Golden Mile and Underbelly: Razor) and Niki Aken (Underbelly: Badness).

Carole Sklan, ABC TV Head of Fiction, said “It is moving and humbling to touch the lives of these real women through their letters, diaries and photographs. We feel privileged to dramatise their journey.”

Screentime’s Des Monaghan said “We are delighted that the ABC shares our enthusiasm to bring to the screen the stories of these remarkable women, who will present the ANZAC legend from a compelling new perspective.

The cast of ANZAC Girls includes Georgia Flood (House Husbands, Wentworth, Tangle), Antonia Prebble (Outrageous Fortune, The Blue Rose, Super City), Laura Brent (A Few Best Men, Chronicles of Narnia: Voyage of the Dawn Treader), Anna McGahan (House Husbands, Mystery of a Hansom Cab, Underbelly: Razor) and Caroline Craig (Underbelly, Dangerous Remedy, Blue Heelers)."

Regards Rick.
1940 F30S Cab11
1941 F60L Cab12
1943 Ford Lynx
Humber FV1601A
Saracen Mk1(?)
25pdr. 1940 Weir No.266
KVE Member.