MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > 'B' ECHELON > The Sergeants' Mess

Notices

Old 06-11-04, 16:20
In Vino Veritas

Default Vets denied Canadian Flags

http://www.canada.com/national/story...f-6adf266d8fa9

what is the world coming to when a Bloc MP denies a vets association Canadian flags....: way to go Blocjust keep cashing those Canadian government paycheques.
Sean
M38CDN 1952
Other stuff
Old 06-11-04, 16:28
former OC MLU, AKA 'Jif' - sadly no longer with us

Check out the Toronto Sun today... they're making a BIG issue out of this, as they should.

http://www.torontosun.com
Old 06-11-04, 17:27
former OC MLU, AKA 'Jif' - sadly no longer with us

Furthermore, after reading Thane Burnett's column, I am donating a Red Ensign and have so advised him.

Bloody politicians.
Old 06-11-04, 23:24
RIP

Default Good on you Sunray

I've met some of these vets when our pipe band did Remembrance at the Cowansville Legion,about 50 miles from Richmond.We couln't believe the turnout in such a small rural townWhen they found out a pipe band wud be present,they went out of their way to come over.Kept thanking us!!We in turn thanked them for what they had done.Bent over backwards for us.Even made us stay for supper.Ay least Paul Martin has invited the Dieppe vet to the National ceremony on the 11th.I think the seperatist is so cowed ,that he's stuck his head up his rectum so far that his nose is sticking out where his adam's apple used to be
Old 09-11-04, 19:43
In Vino Veritas

Default Getting it...

...you know I just don't understand why people can't get it. Get what you say, well in the Bloc's case they want their own country for their own reasons not the Quebecs as all politicians do. So why not show that you 'CAN' run the province like a country and do a supreme job. I don't see how doing half-assed shitty job , antagonizing your own population let alone other countries in the world that may support, will ever win you a separation vote. The population keeps turning back to the feds because the bloc keeps letting them down as in this case, though he is a federal representative. Why didn't the putz personally deliver Canadian flags and Fleur de Lis to the legion and shake hands and tell them how Quebec needs men like them and thank them for all they and their friends who didn't come home gave to the people of Quebec and Canada. I need to live in another century, I just can't figure out this one.
Sean

ps: INCIDENTALLY BOYS, I thank you for all you gave and continue to give for your fellow Canadians and fellow peace loving man. Even if you were never scratched the price you paid to be away from home and loved ones for years at a time was one most People will never understand. No internet or telephones to call home , your living conditions, watching dear mates get wounded and die, seeing the living conditions of liberated peoples, post tramautic stress, and being a civilized person having to do and live with uncivilized acts your entire life. I will remember , my son will too.
M38CDN 1952
Other stuff