MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > GENERAL WW2 TOPICS > WW2 Military History & Equipment

Notices

Old 15-06-10, 09:39

Default Esschen(essen) in Belgium

Hi,I'm looking for WW2 movies,pictures,story's,information,militaria and everything else about Esschen(essen) in the north of Belgium near the dutch border.Who can help me?Thanks.
Old 15-06-10, 17:38
Senior Forum Member

Post Re: Esschen, Belgium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerts Danny View Post
Hi,I'm looking for WW2 movies,pictures,story's,information,militaria and everything else about Esschen(essen) in the north of Belgium near the dutch border.Who can help me?Thanks.
In brief:

Esschen, Belgium was liberated by elements of the 4th Canadian Armoured Division on the morning of 22 October 1944, when at approx. 06:15 AM that morning upon entering the town they had taken the enemy more or less by complete surprise and had control of the complete town by approx. 12:00 PM. On 24 October 1944, 10th Canadian Infantry Brigade turned over the town to elements of the British 49th (West Riding) Infantry Division upon the 4th Canadian Armoured Division continuing their drive northwards.

Units involved in the liberation of Esschen:

- The Algonquin Regiment and The Lincoln and Welland Regiment of the 10th Canadian Infantry Brigade (4th Cdn Armd Div)

- 28th Armoured Regiment (The British Columbia Regiment), CAC of the 4th Canadian Armoured Brigade (4th Cdn Armd Div)

- 29th Armoured Reconnaissance Regiment (The South Alberta Regiment), CAC, the ‘Divisional Armoured Reconnaissance Regiment’ of the 4th Canadian Armoured Division

- 15th Field Regiment, RCA (17th, 95th and 110th Field Batteries, RCA) of the 4th Canadian Armoured Divisional Artillery

I hope this helps.

Cheers
Old 16-06-10, 08:38

Yes thank you.