MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > MILITARY VEHICLES > The Softskin Forum

Notices

Old 21-08-04, 09:04

Default NZ 11 cab fords times 2

here are two New Zealand found cab 11 Fords. One I owned 20 years ago the other the present owner got afterwards. Both have sat there for 20 years. My nieces uncle owns them and she is going to get the data plate info off them for us when she can.
Attached Thumbnails
nz 11 cab 03 copy.jpg  
Old 21-08-04, 09:05

pic 2
Attached Thumbnails
nz 11 cab 04 copy.jpg  
Old 22-08-04, 23:16
former Resident Historian

Default Aha!

These might be # 11 Cabs issued to the NZEF in the Mid-East, as with the AIF, and then 'sold' in 1941, only to be sent on to NZ in due course. The plates may just have the Contract S/M number to confirm. That said we know that refurbished CMPs were exported from the UK post-war for civilian use.
Old 24-08-04, 00:30
Pops

Default cab 11

cliff

Good to see other cab 11's about especially ford, When your neice is checking for data plates have a look on the side bonnets for any numbers painted on . The cab 11 we found here still had the remains of its number that it was given in England. Also on the front of the drivers side mud guard we found its disembarcation number, I believe thses numbers were given to the trucks when they were allocated to Australian army. This number could be found under the plate in your second photo as that's where it was on ours. The one here is a C 30. What size would those two be?

Max
Old 26-08-04, 00:31

Max mine was an F60 I think. In those days I knew next to nothing about them and did not realise it was a cab 11 until I sent a photo to Mike Kelly. These trucks may be able to be aquired. Would it be worth shipping them here though is another story.

This is my truck 20 years ago on the farm I purchased it from compare it with the top photo taken 6 months ago
Attached Thumbnails
cliff\'s cab 11 ford cmp - nz 1984 - 4 copy.jpg  
Old 02-09-04, 23:48
Pops

Default cab 11

cliff I'd dearly love to have a ford cab 11 as part of my collection, often when we go looking at blitz's I'm praying that old wreck under a tree or in a shed might turn out to be a ford cab 11. I've noticed the badge is still on the front bonnet, you don't see them around very often I picked one up from a bonnet that I found laying on the ground under a tree couldn't believe my eyes when I turned it over and there it was. Perhaps we could start doing several trip to New Zealand and bring them home in a suitcase.

Max