MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > GENERAL WW2 TOPICS > WW2 Military History & Equipment

Notices

Old 10-11-07, 18:10

Default Photo’s & Names - Kingston's Own, The Princess of Wales' Own Regiment, 1863-2004"

I got the attached photo from a Canadian for some time ago. The soldier in the front row at the far left is probably Sgt MJ Rolson.
Sgt Rolson was transfered before to the Stormont, Dundas & Glengarry Highlanders. In any case he was with SD&G in Normandy on D-Day 1944.
I’m searching for names of SD&G-Highlanders in photo’s, to give the pictures an Identity. Possibly, more soldiers in the picture underneath, fought in Europe with the SD&G-Highlanders.
With the support the curator of Fort Henry, I got the following information of the photo:

“The photo is of "A" Guard, Princess of Wales' Own Regiment taken in 1939. Various versions of this photo exist. It is one of two photos of "A" and "B" Guards, that were taken when the PWOR garrisoned the Fort as an ammunition guard just after the declaration of war. Both photos were included in a recent publication titled "Kingston's Own, The Princess of Wales' Own Regiment, 1863-2004" by William Patterson and they have named a number of the soldiers in both photos”.

It’s quite interesting, that there are named a number of soldiers. I would like to know if there’s someone who can give me these names. I do have the book about the SD&G-Highlanders. All the Glens are named in a list with their Military Registration Numbers, so I can check the names in the list, to find out which soldier went to the SD&G-Highlanders
Attached Thumbnails
32 canadians kingstonforthenry.jpg  
Old 10-11-07, 18:13

Default 2nd Photo - Kingston's Own, The Princess of Wales' Own Regiment

This picture with 31 Canadian Soldiers
Attached Thumbnails
31 canadians kingstonforthenrydate.jpg