MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > 'B' ECHELON > The Sergeants' Mess

Notices

Old 12-11-06, 20:12
Vets Dottir

Default Which MLU Forum do you spend most time in?

Hi People,

It's a slow boring Sunday and as I'm noticing, again, the posts and threads numbers for the different forums in here, I'm wondering what forum or forums YOU spend most time in???

Note that the Softskin Forum tops in MLU as the most threads and posted in, Sargeants Mess Forum comes in 2nd place Military Vehicles section gets the most activity overall.

My own two top places I visit are The Sargeants Mess, and WW2 Military History and Equipment. Why? I'm here to learn a lot of the history, and obviously by now to socialize and am hooked on the community and benefit by finding friendships and learning all sorts of things, including much of whats happening in the world I sometimes venture into other forums. If I had a vehicle or was a collector, I would, of course Oh, I also visit my PM's a lot As to what I add to the community, I don't know. These days, since I can't kick in money to help support MLU, since I have an "in" wih Admin I offered my time and help in the forum for little things I can do to help as it is a 24/7 job for Geoff and Hanno to manage MLU, and no one can be there 24/7.

So ... where do you visit in MLU most and why? What do you get out of MLU? We can already usually plainly see what people give and add to the community ... but where and what do you get most?

LONG LIVE MLU!

Karmen
Old 12-11-06, 22:28
Film maker, CMP addict

Default Top area

First thing I do is to view unread posts, which takes me to all parts of the forum.

I suppose if I were to just browse a couple it would be the Softskin followed by the Sargeant's mess.

42 FGT No8 (Aust) remains
42 FGT No9 (Aust)
42 F15
Keith Webb
Macleod, Victoria Australia
Also Canadian Military Pattern Vehicles group on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/groups/canadianmilitarypattern
Old 12-11-06, 22:42
Vets Dottir

Hi Keefy

I really like the option to be able to view the new posts too, and use it a lot, which is what does take me to other forums in here.

Karmen.
Old 12-11-06, 23:48

Default To start with MLU is my IE home page

From there I do as Keith does hit View New Posts and generally read everything, you never know when you’ll find a gem of a post in a strange area. Probably my favorite areas are Softskin and Restoration Forums

Cheers Phil
`45 HUP
http://canadianmilitarypattern.com/
New e-mail Philip@canadianmilitarypattern.com
Old 13-11-06, 07:52
No1, Mk 2** (I'm back!)

Like the others, I like all sections of MLU and the "View new posts" is 1st port of call. Now I'm not trying to spy on anyone, but I also often look at "Who's Online". Quite a few of the anonymous guests will often be reading an old post and with an "Ahh, yes, I remember that" I get in and read an older thread. It's a bit like finding an old magazine in the storeroom and re-reading it.
Sometimes strange goings-on occur there, too, like when 75% of the "Guests" are reading a particular thread. You know they have been linked across from another forum or chat room and have found something relevant to their interest.
Old 13-11-06, 16:33

Default Look who is looking

Quote:
Originally posted by Tony Smith
Like the others, I like all sections of MLU....
Sometimes strange goings-on occur there, too, like when 75% of the "Guests" are reading a particular thread. You know they have been linked across from another forum or chat room and have found something relevant to their interest.
Tony you raise and interesting point I watch the traffic on my own web site looking at the traffic for specific pages. Couple of interesting things on the site statistics package that came from my host company are; referring source so you can see who is out there link to the site, another interesting thing is the search questions that result in hits on the site.
`45 HUP
http://canadianmilitarypattern.com/
New e-mail Philip@canadianmilitarypattern.com
Old 14-11-06, 09:54
Vets Dottir

Quote:
Originally posted by Tony Smith
Quite a few of the anonymous guests will often be reading an old post and with an "Ahh, yes, I remember that" I get in and read an older thread. It's a bit like finding an old magazine in the storeroom and re-reading it.
I often find old threads like that too!

Karmen.