MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > 'B' ECHELON > The Sergeants' Mess

Notices

Old 11-07-24, 01:18
carrier mech

Default I need help with a trailer in Ottawa

I just bought one of the HMMWV M1102 trailers from CADC located in Ottawa. I'm looking for someone who can pick it up or receive it and stash it until I can pick it up or arrange transport, most likely in late September/early October.

I could get it delivered by tilt deck/local recovery if need be. I have put out feelers to Bob Carrier, but haven't heard anything yet.
Old 11-07-24, 02:18

Default Bob to the wress Queu

No problemo....... Grant actually saw the message first so I got it by Grantaphone....

Can I pick it up and tow it home ( I have Pintle hook on the Ford) or will they be nasty and insist on my using a float.....in any event I will do it..... I guess once they have confirmation that I am your agent it should not be a problem.....any deadline for pick up???.... my trailer has new tires and ready to go with the winch.

In case of tight timelines call me at 613-487-3787...evening is better.

Glad to be able to help.

Bob
Canada
Old 11-07-24, 03:09

At least in theory, to be able to tow it you should have plates for it. With Rob being "out of province", it might be a challenge for him to get a Manitoba plate in his name to send to you or to get an Ontario plate (since he's non-resident). I don't see a direct statement that you wouldn't be allowed to just hook it to your truck but putting it on the float would be sure to stop any arguments about legality. Also, remember that you would need temporary lights if towing since the plug on the trailer won't match your Ford and I'm not sure the voltages would match for the lights... (LED might have enough range but 12V Ford to 24V NATO standard...)
Old 11-07-24, 03:15
carrier mech

It does not have to move until the 23rd of July. I have the plate now and will mail it out along with the registration, signed pickup notice and bill of sale. It does have the nato plug and likely 24v so unless you have a set of towing lights it would have to be on a trailer.

I'll get a call to you today and get your mailing address. I'll drop it all in today's mail and I'll let the CADC contact know.

Thanks a million Bob...not the first time you have come thru for me and it is appreciated.

Last edited by rob love; 11-07-24 at 13:40.
Old 13-07-24, 18:55

Default Unknown condition of the trailer????

Maybe safer to use the float........ minimizes anxiety for everyone......

Will get it done!!!!

While it is here, I may use it to get some fresh fertilizer from a friends farm........should hold 3 tons for wet manure....
Canada
Old 13-07-24, 22:17
carrier mech

I would bet on it being safe to tow. Five of them left the service, so were replaced as a fleet, rather than due to damage or neglect. I'm pretty sure these would have been JTF, as those super swamper tires were not normally on the run of the mill HMMWV stuff. It did say that the CADC guys couldn't close the tailgate.
There is a large tank in the trailer...unknown what was in them. I suspect just water. It won't be staying in the trailer once it gets home. So if it's liquid manure you have, fill away.
Attached Thumbnails
trailer1.jpg   trailer 2.jpg  

Last edited by rob love; 13-07-24 at 22:23.