MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > BUY, TRADE or SELL > For Sale Or Wanted

Notices

Old 16-06-10, 03:41

Thumbs up Lovely bit of stuff!!!!!!

Gentlemen, doing a little more house cleaning this week. I've got a lovely accessory for your WW11 vehicle. A 1943 Australian smooth barrel Vickers Machine Gun DEACTIVATED TO CANADIAN STANDARD.
This is the older deactivation, so it still has the "cock and click" motion, but again deactivated!
The unit comes with:
*tripod
*steam hose
*canvas barrel cover
*1943 C broad arrow marked water can
*approx. 160 rounds of inert 303 cartridges
*150 round belt (will throw in a 250 rd. belt)
*original wooden boxes for shipping the gun and the tripod.
*side mount ammo box holder
*flash hider
Price: $5000.00 plus shipping and handling. FOR SALE ONLY IN CANADA!!! Email me at rob.mor@shaw.ca for photos. Robert
Old 16-06-10, 03:59
Terry Warner

Quote:
Originally Posted by r.morrison View Post
Describe this belt please as a matter of curiousity.

I have a strip of disintegrating .303 belt that has black metal links. They resemble modern 7.62 link, but is clearly pull-out not push-through. I'd like to pin down what exactly it is.

- 74-????? M151A2
- 70-08876 M38A1
- 53-71233 M100CDN trailer

Beware! The Green Disease walks among us!
Old 16-06-10, 04:22

Default Mg belts

Hi Terry: Send me an email at the address above and I'll forward you the photos plus I'll take some close up shots of the belt(s) and I'll email you those to you. The belt with the cartridges is canvas and has been torn at the 150 round length. I would have taken on a 250 round canvas belt but I just didn't feel like reloading a new belt. Politely spoken...it's a bitch! Robert
Old 16-06-10, 05:10
carrier mech

Quote:
Originally Posted by maple_leaf_eh View Post
Describe this belt please as a matter of curiousity.

I have a strip of disintegrating .303 belt that has black metal links. They resemble modern 7.62 link, but is clearly pull-out not push-through. I'd like to pin down what exactly it is.
Likely for the Inglis .303 aircraft gun. It was basically a scaled down 50 cal, thinner than a GPMG although one or two parts would interchange.
Old 19-06-10, 08:23

trade you for a 1942 ccw and a 1955 m211
jeff
Old 21-06-10, 08:04

Hello Robert not even a smart comment?Riley asked if you were painting in a closed room will oil paint again.
Old 27-06-10, 06:11

Default Really Jeffery!!

Well, I hope I haven't disappointed you Jeff and the imfamous Riley! Being a busy little while and not much time to get on the forum. Tell you what....throw in the carrier and you've got a deal. Hell, I'll throw in another 250 round belt of inert WW11 303 cartridges. Beautiful piece...would look stunning on the carrier! Or perhaps a WW1 Vickers with ribbed barrel and vintage belt! One major problem...trying to get rid of 2000 rounds of LIVE Vickers belted ammo. Great deal, if you do the math and see what you find around the country. Hope this helps you sleep this weekend. Cheers..Robert
Old 01-07-10, 06:32

Default jeff...are you there!

Well...I thought by now I'd hear from you by now....Robert
Old 01-07-10, 07:37

Default ,,,,,,,,,,,

Sorry Robert got stuck on another thread to prove that Lancs Had Radial engines,actually it was only to suggest to look for parts in other places other than Mil vehicle collectors then it went on a Run in another way altogether.
anyway
When did you want to dro the Vickers off and pick up the tons of decent recyclable vehicles from My place?you have to Hurry as Riley is off to Alberta to herd Bagpipes in another week.
Old 02-07-10, 01:39
GM Fox I

Default Marketing!!! Pictures sell!!!

I bet it looks something like this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by r.morrison View Post
Gentlemen, doing a little more house cleaning this week. I've got a lovely accessory for your WW11 vehicle. A 1943 Australian smooth barrel Vickers Machine Gun DEACTIVATED TO CANADIAN STANDARD.
This is the older deactivation, so it still has the "cock and click" motion, but again deactivated!
The unit comes with:
*tripod
*steam hose
*canvas barrel cover
*1943 C broad arrow marked water can
*approx. 160 rounds of inert 303 cartridges
*original wooden boxes for shipping the gun and the tripod.
*side mount ammo box holder
*flash hider
Price: $5000.00 plus shipping and handling. FOR SALE ONLY IN CANADA!!! Email me at rob.mor@shaw.ca for photos. Robert
Attached Thumbnails
Sized Vickers Mk.1.JPG  
Old 02-07-10, 03:33

Default Bruce...you talented bugger!

Now Bruce... the simplest way of doing this "marketing" would be, that you, being a great and talented guy that you are, email me at the address above. I will send you the pictures and you, did I mention GREAT guy, would post those pictures on the forum. Cause Bruce, I'm clueless as to how to do it. You would be helping the cause!
Jeff...you ol' used car salesmen. Here's my final offer to you! We've got 2 live VICKERS WW1 machine guns under lock and key (legal). We've also got 2000 rounds of live belted ammo, also under lock and key (legal). Now, we'd like to dispose of the ammo out the end of the barrel and salvage the brass. Being that you will probably be sitting on those trucks for a while, I would suggest you donate one to the cause and we can use it for a target! Hell, we'd let you fire off a belt! Then, we could film it and sell it to Ian for use in a movie. After that, they get the big chop (dewat).
This is a great deal Jeff, honestly. In my younger days, a couple of us skipped school and took out a 59 Ford with 2 - 12 guages and a Luger. Made Bonnie and Clyde look pale! I await your acceptance....Robert
Old 02-07-10, 03:39

Default Call?

Come to think of it Robert I'm still l waiting for your call.
Old 02-07-10, 03:56

Default Just headin' out the door...

Harry: Just headin' out again. I'll call you tomorrow to get together on the grenade box. I think I left you a message or email that I left it outside by the mailbox and to just pick it up and drop the money in the mail box.
Got a little nervous about leaving a 36 Grenade box for the postman to trip over. Not very good press in the papers! Later....Robert