MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > 'B' ECHELON > The Sergeants' Mess

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-06-05, 04:13
Dog Robber

Default The Estonia Incident

This one is for Stellan:

Stellan, as a military man, do you have any insight on the sinking of the car ferry in, I believe 1994 that was supposedly carrying military contraband from possibly Ukraine to Sweden?

I will not post all the links here, there are too many, but it is a marvelous conspiracy theory. One site has the materiel bound for Iraq via about 4 different countries, another that it was bound for Sweden, another that the Swedish military had various agreements with the Swedish Customs Authorities that certain ships and certain cargos were to be let through with no examination.

Apparently, some 900 passengers perished as a result of some sort of explosion which I gather was related to the contraband cargo and as of this year, 2005, there is no definitive response from official authorities as to what actually happened.

I just realized, I put this in the wrong sub forum but since I have already typed it in I will let someone else move it to whatever the proper sub forum might be.

Or, maybe it does not belong on MLU at all, but it is a very interesting story as I am sure Stellan will tell us.

Bill