MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > 'B' ECHELON > The Sergeants' Mess

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-09-13, 00:25

End of last year we had a Brown (Considerably larger than this one from a couple of years back) move into the shed. I was happy to leave it as I am hoping it will wake up shortly and remove the possums that are shi..... making a mess over everthing. It has certainly done wonders in keeping my wife outside!
Chooks are responsible for most snake bites, they attract mice, the mice attract the Browns, and so the Browns are responsible for more bites than any other snake in Australia.
There are two ways of measuring the "Deadly" rating of a snake. The actual toxicity of the venom, and the amount and effectivness of its delivery. Becomes a moot point when most Aussy snakes are fighting for the top of the list whichever way you look at it.

For our future visitors from O/S, there was a case of the Tourist in a Kayak who paddled 4 km of the West Aust. coast to camp on an island last month. He was held captive by a croc. that was twice as long as his Kayak, and would welcome him with open jaws everytime he made an attempt to get in it. Two weeks before he was rescued...

It never ceases to amaze me how proud Aussies are of the deadly inhabitants over here, Sure it says something about us, just not sure what?

Did enjoy the postings on Raccoons in another thread, not quite as harmless as Walt Disney led us to beleive.
Rich.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Boo! .jpg (90.4 KB, 13 views)