Go Back   MLU FORUM > BUY, TRADE or SELL > For Sale Or Wanted

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-03-10, 00:50
Gilles Chartrand

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewq4b View Post
Hi Gilles

Next Time I'm out at the acerage (should be Tuesday) I'll take some more pictures and of the alternator and the mounting bracket. The bracket looks like the stock one was modified to fit the Alt. As for the Alternator I imagine you should be able to get it off the shelf as it is a Delco Remy Alternator and does not look that old. I will look for a part number on it for ya Gilles. It also looks to be a single wire type hook up. Well 3 in this case. Ground wire, 24V charge wire, 12v charge wire,
Which in my opinion is a far better set up than having 2 alternators a 12v and 24V.

The truck will eventually get stripped right down to nuts and bolts sand blasted or paint stripped, painted and built back up, the engine and the rest of the drive line will get new seals and gaskets as well. After 24 years the engine will need all new gaskets and it will allow me to check the bottom end bearings, and check the cylinder walls for any signs of pitting from long periods of being idle.
Also the axel gearing will be changed up to a more streetable 3.73 ratio

After that is done I can turn my attention to stripping the paint off the van body and searching out some of the missing items (stetchers etc)

I'm fortunet that I can all the work myself except actual application of the exterior paint. I have accsess to a hoist so for me the rebuild is more of a time investment than a dollars one.

In any one has the history of this unit it would be appreciated.
I belive the CFR is 77626

Gilles I'm curious how you knew it was deployed overseas.

Matthew
Don't forget to take before during and after pictures and keep us updated on the progress. gilles