MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > 'B' ECHELON > The Sergeants' Mess

Notices

Old 30-09-09, 00:09
carrier mech

Default What does one do in Ottawa?

I am in Ottawa for some pre-deployment training on Connought ranges. I managed to make it to the CWM on Monday ($50 taxi fare..ouch) but will have a couple days to kill on Sunday, possible Monday, and then on Tuesday. Are there any good militaria shops or surplus stores that are worthy of the taxi fares required to get around this town?
Old 30-09-09, 01:10
"Mr. Manual", sadly no longer with us

Default Gracies..

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob love View Post
I am in Ottawa for some pre-deployment training on Connought ranges. I managed to make it to the CWM on Monday ($50 taxi fare..ouch) but will have a couple days to kill on Sunday, possible Monday, and then on Tuesday. Are there any good militaria shops or surplus stores that are worthy of the taxi fares required to get around this town?
Rob..
Where are you staying and maybe we can gather up some Rotters for a small thrash..at Gracies..
Rob..Grant..Boobee...all the other guys need a Friday night parade..
Speak up..
Old 30-09-09, 02:07
Mr. HUP

Default Ottawa

Welcome to Ottawa, Rob. Some call our fair city "The town that fun forgot". The sidewalks get rolled up every night at around 8PM with the exceptions of the local watering holes and the infamous Market. Fortunately, Quebec is just across the river - there you can carouse until 3AM.

If we get some response for a Gracie's call on Friday (if you are indeed available) we will plan on meeting there - transport will be a bitch, but if you hop the bus at a reasonable hour, you can get to St. Laurent Mall for about $3.00. Getting back may be tricky, but if some Westenders show up, that solves the problem.

If Gracie's does not work out, howzabout a visit to the Hammond Barn? Check with the HQ folks to see if there is a duty run downtown. If not, then we can look at other options...
Old 30-09-09, 03:03
former OC MLU, AKA 'Jif' - sadly no longer with us

Default Impromptu Gracies Call

If you guys wanna go for Friday, methinks we can make that. I'll even show you my new Jeep...
Old 30-09-09, 15:11

Default Chauffeeraroni...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RHClarke View Post
Welcome to Ottawa, Rob. Some call our fair city "The town that fun forgot". The sidewalks get rolled up every night at around 8PM with the exceptions of the local watering holes and the infamous Market. Fortunately, Quebec is just across the river - there you can carouse until 3AM.

If we get some response for a Gracie's call on Friday (if you are indeed available) we will plan on meeting there - transport will be a bitch, but if you hop the bus at a reasonable hour, you can get to St. Laurent Mall for about $3.00. Getting back may be tricky, but if some Westenders show up, that solves the problem.

If Gracie's does not work out, howzabout a visit to the Hammond Barn? Check with the HQ folks to see if there is a duty run downtown. If not, then we can look at other options...
Rob..
If you tell me where you are and pm me through MLU and leave me a phone number and location I can look after your transportation for Friday night..
We usually meet at Gracies at 1700hrs...(For Rob Clarke...the big hand is on 12 and the little hand is on five..in the afternoon..)..
Let me know quick..I am available Friday but heading out of town soon after//
Contact soon.
Alex
Old 30-09-09, 23:24
RIP

Quote:
What does one do in Ottawa?
I have lived in Ottawa for 20+ years and have often asked myself the same question.
Sorry I won't be there to ogle the Gracie's Girls - not to mentiojn that it would have been nice to put a face to the name.
Cheers

Clive
Old 01-10-09, 01:28
carrier mech

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Blair View Post
Rob..
If you tell me where you are and pm me through MLU and leave me a phone number and location I can look after your transportation for Friday night..
We usually meet at Gracies at 1700hrs...(For Rob Clarke...the big hand is on 12 and the little hand is on five..in the afternoon..)..
Let me know quick..I am available Friday but heading out of town soon after//
Contact soon.
Alex
Sounds good. We work until 5, then have to get back to the hotel. Unfortunately, all the tents at Connought were booked up, so we have to stay at the nearby Brookside. Just my bad luck I guess. I'll shoot you a PM with the details.

I'm not a drinker, but it will be nice to put some faces to names. I'll have to pass on the 3 am thing as well, we work on Saturday as well.

I ran into Terry Warner while leaving the training facility today, and hopefully will get a chance to get over to look at his Jeep in the next little while.
Old 01-10-09, 03:29

Default Contact...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob love View Post
Sounds good. We work until 5, then have to get back to the hotel. Unfortunately, all the tents at Connought were booked up, so we have to stay at the nearby Brookside. Just my bad luck I guess. I'll shoot you a PM with the details.

I'm not a drinker, but it will be nice to put some faces to names. I'll have to pass on the 3 am thing as well, we work on Saturday as well.

I ran into Terry Warner while leaving the training facility today, and hopefully will get a chance to get over to look at his Jeep in the next little while.
Rob.

OK..We are on..I'll call you at the hotel..
With details..
It's official...Gracies...Friday night..should be there by 18:30HRs(6:30 PM).at the latest..Keep us a couple of seats..
Rob..Boobee..Grant...Terry...JIf...y'all know the drill..and anyone else to meet our Western kindred spirit..
Alex