MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > GENERAL WW2 TOPICS > Your Relatives

Notices

Old 22-11-09, 22:28
Gilles Chartrand

Default New to MLU

Hello, I am new to this forum and go by the name Wpns 421, this is the name I used on a few forums such as Steel Soldiers. I am a retire CF member and was a Weapons Technician 421. We have been collecting military vehicles for the past 7 years primarily in the post war vehicles M Type. We own a M37, M43 Ambulance, 1 X M135 2.5 ton Flying kitchen, 3 MLVWs, 1 x M35 US, 1 x M109A3, 2 Kitchen trailers and 3 containers full of military kit including radios. For those interested my kitchen trailers are fully functional and are available for weekend rallies or meets. We have a web site if you are interested in pictures www.militarytrucks.ca

This week I purchased a Chev C15, I saved the vehicle from going to the scrap yard, it is in fair condition. There is a lot of scrap metal on it and the owner said I should have it before the snow falls. When I get the vehicle I will post it for sale, I have too many projects on the go to get involved with this truck. he truck was a runner, but they blew the engine, hole in the piston. The parts seem to be all there will know more.
If anyone is interested let me know, I will post picture tomorrow.
Old 22-11-09, 22:43
Addicted to Drab

Default greetings

Hi Giles

CMP Nut.....aka Mike Timoshyk here. Glad you found the site.

cheers

Myke
Old 22-11-09, 22:49
Gilles Chartrand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Timoshyk View Post
Hi Giles

CMP Nut.....aka Mike Timoshyk here. Glad you found the site.

cheers

Myke
Thanks Mike I have you in mind for that CMP I found, don't sweat the transport, my toy hauler is a 2000 Volvo with a 24 ft gooseneck
Old 22-11-09, 23:02
RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wpns 421 View Post
.. For those interested my kitchen trailers are fully functional and are available for weekend rallies or meets. We have a web site if you are interested in pictures www.militarytrucks.ca
You will have to come out to the BBB at Hammond, just East of Ottawa next summer. BBB is an annual get-together of local MilVeh enthusiasts.
BTW, we usually use our real name here.
Clive
Old 22-11-09, 23:07
Gilles Chartrand

Quote:
Originally Posted by servicepub View Post
You will have to come out to the BBB at Hammond, just East of Ottawa next summer. BBB is an annual get-together of local MilVeh enthusiasts.
BTW, we usually use our real name here.
Clive
Thanks for the info on the meet, I will check the calender. In other forums using your name is not the norm but I like this better. Gilles
Old 23-11-09, 15:38
"Mr. Manual", sadly no longer with us

Default New Guy..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wpns 421 View Post
Thanks for the info on the meet, I will check the calender. In other forums using your name is not the norm but I like this better. Gilles
Hi Gilles..
Welcome aboard..many of us here on the MLU site are ex service or still in the service and vary in trades and service from our Navy rep,Mike Timosyk(Spelling?) in Windsor to Ex RCMP..to ex RCAF (Me).to all kinds of ex army types so you'll fit right in..The Hammond Barn guys are right across the river from you and we have a great time there ,usually in August and your mobile kitchens will fit right in..
..Watch for the Gracies call here and make sure to come and have a laugh..a cool one and learn some new lies to tell your kids..
Welcome again..
Post often..some pictures of your Iron..Become a ROTer too.ROT(RUSTY OLD TRUCKER)..
Alex

Old 09-12-09, 03:35

Default Well we did it....

Rotters went out to see Gilles last Saturday.

We had a very pleasant visit...... Gille is a very nice guy and so is son Allan (? spelling)...... they are assets to the MLU clan. No doubt we will team up in the future for events, etc.

Our suspicions were confirmed the "hulk" is a HU.. something and is up for adoption..... one potential parent will be looking at it soon...... Lots of various good parts and it must be remembered that beauty is in the eye of the beer holder........

Gilles you have a green light to store it at my place pending adoption..... will send you a separate email on location.

With the potential adopting parent and uncle Gilles the family of the Rotters are filling in......

Nice to meet new faces.

Boob
Canada