MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > 'B' ECHELON > The Sergeants' Mess

Notices

Old 24-03-07, 20:16
Vets Dottir 2nd

Default Europe and Australia Time changes today!

Hi Folks ... well, I just checked the world clock and I spotted about the time changes kicking in across the big waters:

Note: Sunday, March 25: Daylight Saving Time starts in Europe and ends in Australia

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldcloc...om.html?sort=1

Karmen
Old 24-03-07, 22:25
former OC MLU, AKA 'Jif' - sadly no longer with us

AARRGGHH. Would one of you enlightened souls tell me what time it is right now in eastern Australia? My watch says 0722, Max's PC clock says 0622.

For that matter, someone in the Eastern Time Zone tell me what time it is there... may have to adjust my MLU clock. This Daylight Savings time thing has me totally confused (Mebbe it's because I've spent three weeks walking upside down).

Old 24-03-07, 22:31
Vets Dottir 2nd

Quote:
Originally posted by Geoff Winnington-Ball
AARRGGHH. Would one of you enlightened souls tell me what time it is right now in eastern Australia? My watch says 0722, Max's PC clock says 0622.

For that matter, someone in the Eastern Time Zone tell me what time it is there... may have to adjust my MLU clock. This Daylight Savings time thing has me totally confused (Mebbe it's because I've spent three weeks walking upside down).

Stop going snakey on us

I, in BC, am on Alberta Mountain Daylight Time (look at Edmonton in the world clock site) it's currently 2:31 p.m. Saturday afternoon here. My time is two hours later from Oz than your Toronto time. What does Max's computer say for time? I expect his computer is THE corrct current time there

Forum time? For me to get MLU to show the correct time according to what my clocks say, I have MLU on Alaska time. Can hardly wait for the forum upgrade!!!

Karmen
Old 24-03-07, 22:33
Vets Dottir 2nd

Here ... this may help a bit

Old 24-03-07, 22:43
Vets Dottir 2nd

Daylight Savings Times and opposite schedules:

http://www.timeanddate.com/time/dstevents.html
Old 24-03-07, 22:46

Quote:
Originally posted by Vets Dottir 2nd
Here ... this may help a bit

OK, got it straight and adjusted my watch. My MLU time was set correctly already. Bloody confusing looking backwards and upside down.
Old 24-03-07, 22:50
Vets Dottir 2nd

Quote:

Brain flash here Geoff ... just wondering:

Do you have the time zone set for Toronto through the Admin Control Panel for MLU, or through your personal MLU profile CP?
If you set MLU to Toronto time through Admin, maybe thats whats been causing trouble for other people to try and get the proper time zones to reflect their actual local times?

Like I said, I have to use Alaska time which is +9 hrs and it really should be +7 Mountain Time.

Just wondering?

K.
Old 24-03-07, 22:58

Quote:
Brain flash here Geoff ... just wondering:

Do you have the time zone set for Toronto through the Admin Control Panel for MLU, or through your personal MLU profile CP?
If you set MLU to Toronto time through Admin, maybe thats whats been causing trouble for other people to try and get the proper time zones to reflect their actual local times?

Like I said, I have to use Alaska time which is +9 hrs and it really should be +7 Mountain Time.

Just wondering?

K.
I can play with it... let's wait until this whole DST thing is sorted worldwide before I make any changes.

Another and now, considering it's only 0700 Local. Be on later. Max just got up. The sun outside is brilliant right now, but it's a trifle chilly... autumn has truly arrived here!

Old 24-03-07, 22:58
Vets Dottir 2nd

I actually just took a boo via admin CP and see MLU forum set to Pacific Time is your server located in Pacific Timezone then?

K.
Old 24-03-07, 23:01
Vets Dottir 2nd

Quote:
I can play with it... let's wait until this whole DST thing is sorted worldwide before I make any changes.

Another and now, considering it's only 0700 Local. Be on later. Max just got up. The sun outside is brilliant right now, but it's a trifle chilly... autumn has truly arrived here!

With arrival of Autumn weaher you won't melt before you get home then That heat really has been a lot for you.

Enjoy your coffees and smokes and hello to Max, Kathy and Em

Oh yeah, good idea to wait until the shifts are definately completed and start this conversation from scratch too ...

Karmen
Old 28-03-07, 11:07
Vets Dottir 2nd

Okay ... who did the magic here? I just noticed MLU time off by 2 hours compared to my local time so checked and switched from the Alaska time that matched my local clock, and switched to Mountain time, as is my local time zone ... and I'll be darned ... MLU now showing my time zone time properly ... how cool is THAT?

Thank you whoever "fixed it" ...

Karmen
Old 28-03-07, 13:25

Hmmmm last time I checked Queensland was part of Australia and the time has not changed here at all as Queenslanders are so good they never have to go backwards

Cheers
Cliff

"and on the 8th day he made trucks so that man, made on the 7th day, had shelter when woman threw him out for the night"
MrRoo says "TRUCKS ROOLE"
Old 28-03-07, 14:15

Quote:
Okay ... who did the magic here? I just noticed MLU time off by 2 hours compared to my local time so checked and switched from the Alaska time that matched my local clock, and switched to Mountain time, as is my local time zone ... and I'll be darned ... MLU now showing my time zone time properly ... how cool is THAT?

Thank you whoever "fixed it" ...

Karmen
Er, that was me, buggering about. Doesn't work for everyone, though, as Phoenix is on EST, but this is the closest I can get. Make your necessary adjustments, you lot, and quit whinging.