MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > MILITARY VEHICLES > Post-war Military Vehicles

Notices

Old 20-03-15, 01:35
Terry Warner

Default Deuce and a Half Flying Kitchen on Kijiji

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-classic-cars/...ationFlag=true

This is a lot cheaper than other Deuces I've seen for sale, but MLU'er Gilles had a lot of trouble selling his kitchen truck a few years ago.

Terry

PS - you have to be independently wealthy to fill the tank of this oldtimer!

- 74-????? M151A2
- 70-08876 M38A1
- 53-71233 M100CDN trailer

Beware! The Green Disease walks among us!
Old 20-03-15, 03:32

Default Uncredited Photos

I particularly like the way my photo, the bw one, was included in the add - uncredited of course. That is why I have stopped posting photographs on forums and when I do, I run a watermark across them.

Within the last two weeks I received an e-mail from this owner asking for more photographs and information about this vehicle, apparently the plan was to restore it. I guess those plans have changed.
Old 20-03-15, 03:37
carrier mech

We have seen that truck on the forum before: http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/sh...hlight=kitchen

I have a 28K truck out in the back 40 as well. It is destined for parts salvage only.....one deuce running is enough.

The owner seems to think the photos of the truck(s) from Petawawa are the same truck as his. Every unit's second battery and company in the army would have the same call signs, and when (and if) his truck went from Pet to Sioux St M, the unit would have added those call signs on to the next truck.

Last edited by rob love; 20-03-15 at 03:45.
Old 23-03-15, 01:41

Default Kitchen Deuce

One of our members here, Rob Roy, restored a deuce that had a past life as a kitchen deuce. Last time I saw it, Rob was out for a drive in Comox and stopped in to chat with another local who gathered anything green, and anything else for that matter. I was also there truck shopping and eventually took 2 M37s home. My financial advisor would not let me get a couple of the deuces though. Maybe Rob can give some details when he gets to read this.