MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > 'B' ECHELON > The Sergeants' Mess

Notices

Old 24-02-09, 20:24
former OC MLU, AKA 'Jif' - sadly no longer with us

Exclamation Help Needed in the Ottawa Region ASAP

Hi guys,

We need someone in the Ottawa region to interface with this chap for a couple of hours on 7/8 March. The email below contains relevant info - for direct contact details, please telephone or PM me ASAP. I'd do it myself if I were there, and unfortunately Major Mike isn't available. Can you help us please??!!

Jif

Quote:
Good Afternoon Sunray,

I need some help with a small project I'm trying to get off the ground. I'm here in Pembroke Ontario and would like to contact someone in the local area that would be willing to come to my event and talk with some Cadets.

It would be great if this person brought along some WW II era kit that the cadets could handle (gently) as part of the, "Now and Then" experience. This event will be held at CFB Petawawa in the next few weeks (date to be confirmed) and I'm just trying to line up some activities for them.

If you know of anyone who might be interested in spending an hour or two with the kids and assist with the "Then" part of this program I would ask they give me a call at ....

Dave (Holdfast) Harris
Old 24-02-09, 20:38
"Mr. Manual", sadly no longer with us

Default Kiddies day at the barn..

Jif..
What an ideal situation to have the kiddies at a BBB(Junior edition) for show and tell and camp over in the spring..
With all the WW ll iron at the ready to show them and touchie feely bits and pieces..
I'll throw in some cash to support it if Bob (With Rob and Grant as tour guides of course)wants to host it..
Let's make it happen for the kids..

Last edited by Alex Blair (RIP); 24-02-09 at 20:39. Reason: Extra thoughts
Old 24-02-09, 20:43

Food for thought Alex, food for thought indeed.... but right now we need to take care of... right now!

Bwain Hurt....
Old 26-02-09, 03:58

No one else available for this?
Old 24-03-09, 14:48
"Mr. Manual", sadly no longer with us

Default Fits..??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Winnington-Ball View Post
No one else available for this?
Jif I don't know where to put this but I thought it usefull info for our brother and sisters that still serve...

Hire Canadian Military

Mar 24, 2009 08:07 ET
HireCanadianMilitary.com Reaches Milestone After Only One Year in Operation

OTTAWA, ONTARIO--(Marketwire - March 24, 2009) - Bruce Beswick, founding partner of the job search website, HireCanadianMilitary.com, is proud to announce that they have reached the milestone of maintaining a job data base that exceeds 250 advertised positions and nearly 200 military friendly companies after only one year of operation.

According to Beswick, "Companies listed on our website are realizing that former service members can meet their needs in so many ways, at the same time allowing Canadian military veterans to find employment after their military service."

When asked why the website has taken off so fast, Beswick recounts "We recently had a small company come to our site after almost a year of searching the larger job sites for qualified employees with no success. It then took this company less than thirty minutes after registering on www.hirecanadianmilitary.com to find five employees with military experience, all of whom had the requisite professional and people skills." Beswick credits this success to the focused nature of the site. "We can't offer 25,000 hits a day, but the hits we do provide are high quality and on target."

HireCanadianMilitary.com was founded in March 2008. Beswick and three other military buddies wanted to provide a means to easily connect prospective employers with job seekers with military service. That's when it dawned on them that a job search website was the perfect solution.

HireCanadianMilitary.com is designed to highlight the qualities of military veterans to prospective employers, while also providing a means to advertise their job openings to military veterans. Beswick and his partners are currently working to expand the number of companies listing their jobs on the site. "military veterans are not just finding good employment in the aerospace, defence, or security sectors, but also in such sectors as mining, oil, logistics and transportation."

Their next milestone is to have 1,000 prospective employers listed. They have also been working to make the website useful for retiring service members and part-time reservists by adding job search tips, career transition advice, and financial planning information for veterans.

Beswick is a former F-18 fighter pilot who has served in the volatile Middle East as a United Nations Military Observer. The ability to operate in demanding and stressful environments such as these is what distinguishes military veterans. In addition, military veterans of all ranks come with comprehensive training and education from specialized schools at the trade, college and university levels.

When asked what motivates him and his partners, Beswick replies, "We are just a group of guys who started this company because we care about military veterans. We are delighted to see the website taking off. With industry finding excellent employees and veterans finding quality employment, it is truly a win-win situation for all."

About the company - HireCanadianMilitary.com is a Canadian website devoted to helping military veterans find quality civilian employment by matching them with prospective employers who are seeking highly skilled job candidates with outstanding people skills.

For more information, please contact
Hire Canadian Military
613-874-2726
team@hirecanadianmilitary.com
www.hirecanadianmilitary.com
Click here to see all recent news from this company