View Single Post
Old 19-05-22, 04:59
VMVC

Default Ford CMP Cab 13- Sidelight fitting wiring

Good Day,

A while back I noticed a short 22" long wire attached to the left side of the small harness on the Ford cab 13 shell. It lead nowhere and had been cut, but tracing it back it went to the sidelights terminal on the terminal block. On that basis it was most likely the original lead to the left sidelight. It reached all the way to the left sidelight and when moved to the tail at the terminal block for the right sidelight, it would also reach the right sidelight.

Looking at the parts list, the sidelight assembly is a different part number to the tall and stop light assemblies. It could be the different lenses fitted and it could also be the different lengths on the leads. The tail and stop light leads are much shorter.

If a short tail/stop light fitting is used as a sidelight it would require a short wire with bullets both end to connect to the shell harness. I doubt if Ford would waste the extra resources to accomplish this so I am 99% certain that the sidelights had longer tails. I made mine 24" long just to be on the safe side and they connect up perfectly.

Just some more good intel from my $400 parts truck.

Hope this is of some interest.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0074.JPG   IMG_0048.JPG   IMG_0136.JPG  

Jacques Reed