View Single Post
Old 09-01-24, 04:31

Rob,

I was going to have a look at the parts list to see if there were different variations of the shovel/ pick handle bracket, but you have beat me to it. (After a recent update of my iPad, it took an incredibly frustrating amount of clicks to re-size and upload the pictures above. I had to walk away to calm down for a few minutes).

The modifications done to your cross bar to clear the POW can holder appear to be a better solution than my example. Yes, on the un-modified cross bar the lamp interferes with the right edge of the can holder.

Years ago I found some “walk around” images of another Mk1* with the hitch fitted. My recollection is that the carrier was in Ontario and it had a WD number which was only a couple of digits different. I recall that it had a virtually identical crude cut/weld job on the POW can holder. I suspect that both might have had hitches fitted in the same shop.

Do you know any history of the carrier that donated your hitch? My initial impression is that these might have been in-service mods, as I doubt any farmers would have gone through the trouble of preserving the functionality of the POW can holder, and ensuring that they had functioning tail/ convoy lights.

Colin

Last edited by Colin Alford; 09-01-24 at 04:36. Reason: Correct spelling