View Single Post
Old 14-02-03, 17:55
Cdn Armd Corps In WWII

Having had a look at the site that advertises the Sherman kit, I think I'd be content to leave well enough alone as the changes required are just too many. If you have a copy of the RCAC history book, there's a photo on page 259 of CLANKY that could give you some ideas as to stowage carried on the front. Note that the tracks are different than those supplied in the kit too. For the money you're spending, have fun with it and ignore the rivit counters. Dress 'er up like CLANKY might well have appeared in St. Lambert.

As for the sigs spool on the rear of the turret, I think Mark is on the right trail IDing that shot in St. Lambert as probably being CLANKY. If you look at the lower right photo on page 268 of the RCAC history, you'll see a knocked out Sherman V with a sigs spool on the right rear of the hull. I think John Marteinson pulled his punches on the caption out of respect for Don Worthington, CO of the BCRs. The caption I have on a copy of the photo states that it's actually Worthington's tank.