View Single Post
Old 05-10-17, 17:27

Default Wiring Harness

Having a new harness built will set you on your ear, and as Rob mentioned, there are some other options. When I got my first M37 about 40 yrs ago, there was no internet and lot of sources who had either a phone number or a small printed catalog. These days there are still a few of the old time vendor and a lot of eBay. If you look, there are reasonable prices but since most are in the US, it can get costly. John Bizal is one of the better US resources and there are still a few in Canada. You'll get to know them all by the time you're done. You likely know the differences between the US and CDN trucks but if you don't, I can give you the short list. Rob as both an owner and a maintainer would have all the answers. My experience is from learning the hard way in the early days with no manuals and only militia experience. Its all good fun. If you plan to strip to the frame and running gear, its a great time to do the wiring harnesses, fuel lines and brake lines. Brian Asbury had the wheel cylinders and some other parts that you may need.
We'll be following along on your new adventure.