Thread: Wanted: N°19 radio cover
View Single Post
Old 09-12-17, 03:34
David Gordon

My original went with my carrier when I sold it. Have some photos though as I sent it to Beach Wood Canvas many years ago in hopes they would build a copy since mine had shrunk a little and I figured other people would want them. They basically said it wasn't worth their time even with me paying them for the expertise, sewing and materials. Go figure...

The chalk markings on the canvas were my notes to them as to what measurements a copy needed to be since this one was slightly smaller in some areas due to shrinking. Didn't need the flap to be different so have no measurements on it but you can figure the width based on gap between your engine cover and the outer hull wall.

Tape measures in another shot were meant to be a guide for new stenciling on a copy but you may be able to gleam other things from looking at it as well. Holes for the two aerials again would be best measured on your vehicle to get them correct.
Attached Thumbnails
100_0251.jpg   T16-Canvas1.jpg   T16-Canvas2.jpg   T16-Canvas8.jpg   T16-Canvas9.jpg  

'42 BSA M20 Motorcycle
'43 BSA Folding Military Bicycle
'43 BSA M20 Motorcycle
'44 Orme-Evans Airborne Trailer No. 1 Mk. II
'44 Airborne 100-Gallon Water Bowser Trailer
'44 Ford T-16 Universal Carrier
'44 Jowett Cars 4.2-Inch Towed Mortar
'44 Daimler Scout Car Mark II
'45 Studebaker M29C Weasel