View Single Post
Old 09-10-21, 09:14

Hello all, I apologise for the long, long, long time since I worked on and posted my progress on the Vickers. I am here to say I have finished a lot of other commitments and have now brought them both into the workshop for some very much needed continued restoration.
I have removed the engine and trans out of Bower Bird and done some required alterations. I have acquired a fully reconditioned starter and that will be fitted prior to re-installation. I have also completed the driveline linkage jigsaw puzzle as it is quite a intricate system which will require a fine adjustment once it's all back in place. I have found a few more gauges and switches for the dash and acquired two complete hydraulic final drive motors for Wombat as I do not have ANY original final drive components like Bowerbird. I have a Hydraulic pump at the shop getting fully checked out before it gets installed. After the hydraulics are done, there will not be any of it visible from the outside as I intend making the sprocket drive look like the original. It may not drive quite as fast as Bowerbird but will be very user friendly. I am hoping to have them both driving in the not too distant future.
Once again I will keep posting photos of my progress.
Colin