View Single Post
Old 29-12-20, 19:50

Quote:
Originally Posted by maple_leaf_eh View Post
I doubt if the Swiss ever made a manual in a fourth language on the off-chance someone three generations later might want to read it. I suggest he could use an Optical Character Reader application, such as one that often comes with flatbed scanners, and edit the outcome. The French sections would be my first choice, because English is closer to French than to German. With blocks of text, there are Internet translators, like Bing and Goofle which will confirm 'wheel nuts' and not 'while cuts', or some such legibility flubs. I've used these rather than transcribe long texts. It is easier to edit 10% than type 100%.

Then upshot, is he could turn around his labours and give the text to the Swiss national military museum as an offering for their additional help with technical questions. They are generally quite cooperative if you offer something in return.
Hi Terry,
Thanks for this. I agree that it is unlikely that an English version of the manual was ever done, but making contact with another owner who may have already done this and someone to compare notes with it what he is looking for. They are not very well known outside of Switzerland.

regards, Richard

1943 Bedford QLD lorry - 1941 BSA WM20 m/cycle - 1943 Daimler Scout Car Mk2
Member of MVT, IMPS, MVG of NSW, KVE and AMVCS
KVE President & KVE News Editor