View Single Post
Old 10-08-07, 18:29

Default Grizzly - Cougar what fun!!!

In BATUS 1985 - Some guys from the SALH came a visiting while my Chieftain got repaired!! They decided it'd be fun to let us have a 'cabby' on their buggies...a Grizzly and Cougar.
My drive went fine, I beetled along at an alarming rate of knots wondering at the agility and comfort of the ride on the vehicle and the sound of that big diesel, arriving back in a suitably large cloud of Prairie dust!!

My Operator/loader had a go...........drove off slowly.................went cross country.............................slowly........ ..................drove back....................................slowly and arrived....................slowly..no dust and the commander screaming......................."Ey get your foot down you f***king pussy!!!!!

My driver?? Oh yeah.....true to form 'Thommo' lost his train of thought and...........thinking it had tracks..................bogged the bloody thing (which is apparently pretty unboggable) requiring a tow out by the other car!!!!! Sadly, didn't get a picture of that..................too busy upto my knees in mud!!!

Had a really good laugh with the guys...even when a French Canadian guy went on and on about all the beautiful women we were missing in Montreal?!?!? Probably another thread? Before we departed we let our new friends have a go in Chieftain and took a photo of all 3 vehicles and us - I still wonder at how our MBT at 12' in height actually stands only just a cupola taller than the 2 cars!!!

Drive Defensively.........buy a Tank!!!