View Single Post
Old 08-08-07, 11:05

Default Grizzlie Cougar Husky Stories

I was just thinking the other day about just how much fun it could be at times to go tooling over hill and dale shoulder-high, sticking out of the machine-gunners hatch, just as happy as a kid in a candy store. Those oh too few times when everything just fell into place, full fuel, good comms, driver knows where we're going, threats low (maybe a hide recce with the CSM and the other Pl WO's)
Of course those occasions were few and far between, but boy, its one of those small handful of things I miss.
Sure the Grizzlie was a bit of a pig in soft going, it also a keen desire to put bottomside up if you gave it half a chance, turning, on anything but dry tarmac, was hit or miss, of course the designer was getting kick-backs from the brake hose manufacturer, hubs oozing grease and hotter than the hobs of hell.
And don't get me started on doing hot barrel unloads or miss-fire drills on the .50 Cal, let alone (at 6' 2"- 180 lbs) trying to cock that SoB. And what about that goofy "Rube Goldfarb" solenoid that was supposed to fire the C5 GPMG?....
Boy, I miss my Grizzlie (C/S 11C)