View Single Post
Old 15-03-03, 13:32
Alexander Borgia

Default yeppers still here.

As far as I know the Lanc is still airworthy at the time of writing this. I do see it occassionally in the air, and last October I saw it live and in person at the museum.

Just got word yesterday that my court case against some very bad gov't officials is going entirely in my favour and that as soon as I resolve that, I will be looking into arranging a ride in the Lanc for my son. His uncle, on his mother's side, went down in a Lanc flying back from Op Totalize so he has a connection to it. Mind you, he has no interest in the air force, despite his uncle, nor does he have an interest in the Navy despite that he'll eat anything that ever lived in water. He's 11 yrs. and is dead set on being a RHLI when he is old enough to enlist.

As of last year, the cost was a membership to the museum ($100) plus a grand for the lanc ride. I'm not sure how many it can take in one flight, but if there are open seats available, first go to some vets I know, then others who may have interest. Since this will be paid for by YOUR tax dollars, the cost will be a token rather than a recovery. I'll let you know.