View Single Post
Old 26-09-19, 02:05

Ok so had a good look at it today, removed the line from the LR tank to the hull, blew it back through with air, all clear, had a good look in tank with remote camera and flashlight and eyeballs, Rick you must have cleaned that tank because its clean! Pickup tube intact and the air flowed easy. So removed the feed line on the inlet side of the filter and blew that line back toward the tank (still unhooked so no debris blown into the tank), seems clear. I think the only problem is getting the fuel to and filling the filter. Someone has already plumbed in a union which had a hose barb attached on the line between the filter outlet and before the line splits to go to each pump. So my next move is to do as Malcolm suggested and use a might vac to draw the fuel from the tank, into the filters and then I can use the fuel pump levers to send the fuel up to the carbs...oh but first I am waiting on Canada post to deliver my filter...no domestic sources that I can find...I think replacing the filter with a spin on with locally available replacements is still on the horizon. The original filter was not in good shape and had about an inch of "mud" in the bottom of the canister.