View Single Post
Old 10-04-07, 21:21
carrier mech

Well I have finally got around to making the copy of this pouch, (on loan from Bruce Parker) and decided to try out the Boys magazine. Apologies to Bruce for the lengthy time it has taken. Anyway, as I (and others) suspected, it is a perfect fit for, not one, but two boys magazines. Mind you I am only theorizing on this, because being a poor Boys owner, I have only one mag. But the first mag fits into the bottom perfectly, with room for the second mag to be just enclosed by the pouches snap.

I have been searching for something made out of this particular weave of canvas, and have had no luck. I likely have the weave out in the canvas shed, but in green, and not the sand colour of the origional. So I will make the first pouch out of recycled canvas from a 37 pattern large pack.

The closest I have come to this weave and colour are some of the US made M1919A4 canvas goods, but none of them are of sufficient size to make any quantity.

Photos below. We are slowly doing away with the long-time mysteries of the mk1 universal carrier.

Below are some of the accesories I have for my Boys.

Last edited by rob love; 10-04-07 at 21:30.