Thread: How To: Ford CMP "Blitz" miscellany
View Single Post
Old 06-07-23, 05:15
VMVC

Default Ford CMP Logbook holder- Plans

Good Day,

I posted these drawings I made a few years ago, recently on the MLU Facebook page. Thought it might be useful to those who are not on FB.

The logbook holder, from which I took the measurements, was on an Australian assembled F-15 built in 1944 based on the data plate. Whether it was the same as other holders fitted to trucks built in Canada I cannot say. The lower rear of the cabin where it attaches was definitely Australian built as was most of the cabin sheet metal.

I did this drawing "Old School" with T square and triangles before I found the Paint.net app. I found it great for drafting. The ability to have separate layers for the object, dimensions, notes, etc make it easy to make corrections and move lines and shapes around. You don't erase things either you don't want erased by having components of the drawing on different layers.

I mentioned on MLU FB I have been a bit quiet lately on MLU. My only brother passed away suddenly 2 months ago. He lived 1200 km away and had no partner or kids, so I have been trying to settle the estate from a long way away. It is doable but time consuming and stressful. Trying to get back to the things I enjoy now so perhaps you will hear more of me in the future.

Hanno, for some reason I can post images again. Don't know what caused the problem but looks OK now.

Cheers,
Attached Thumbnails
logbook holder 1.jpg   logbook holder 2.jpg  

Jacques Reed