View Single Post
Old 29-04-20, 12:48
Lionel G. Evans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lang View Post
Lionel

I know you like to do things properly but my approach would be "tell them nothing take them nowhere"

I would just set my container up and if and when they said anything you could string it out forever with reams of correspondence on claims about temporary storage, requests for regulation variation (great ploy that takes forever), protests and chucking their letters in the bin.

What are they going to do - put you in jail? By the time and if, they ever got around to forcing a removal by getting a tilt tray at your expense to remove (they can't confiscate) the box you would have had a couple of years of good use and have it removed the day before their truck arrived.

Probably not good advice as this is rebellion more than most people would extend to but it is great sport if you can stand the stress! Volunteering to put your head on the chopping block only encourages the bastards.

Lang
Hello Lang,

Yes I hear you - well read.. unfortunately my block is looked over by the road and has new estates popping up - we were on the outskirts of town ... Plus the road is now a connection point for other townships. We were in the country ... then the town has grown.

For example, I lit a within regulations - size and height . - pile of branches next thing the local fire brigade turned up due to some one in the new estates seeing smoke. No this was not recently and especially not during a fire ban. Being ex-bushfire volunteer I now contact "Fire Central" and now notify them of my intention to burn.

Oh - did I mention about looking at perhaps three shipping containers with spaces for trailers or a working area in between them with a roof . Also asked about the alternative option of more shed space. Just in the research and possible alternative stage. Establishing parameters and courses of action.

Most of the local containers being advertised are only 20 feet. I was thinking the 40 foot option that other people have mentioned in their replies.

Kind regards
Lionel
Series III ex-Military Land Rovers x 2

Last edited by Lionelgee; 29-04-20 at 12:53.