View Single Post
Old 24-04-20, 06:32
Terry Warner

A supplemental roof is always a good idea. ISOs get scrapped because after they have been on the bottom of huge stack 8 or 10 high on the open deck of a pitching cargo carrier ship, they develop cracks and stresses. A timber frame and sheet material roofing skin will keep rainwater from pooling and furthering the deterioration.

Someone mentioned ISOs falling under military lifecycle material management.

As I recall, that is a task assigned to Canadian materials technicians. I believe that during and after the UN missions in Bosnia, the Mat Techs were given care and scrapping duties. So yes, just like managing a properly "built" building, managing the "built-in" infrastructure is important. The best example of unplanned construction I know was the British field print press' container was installed in the middle of a huddle of ISOs inside the Banja Luka Metal Factory. when the press needed to be replaced or was needed somewhere else, the carpenters and structures folks realized it had become a structural member of a multi-level installation, and could never be removed without unbuilding everything around it.

- 74-????? M151A2
- 70-08876 M38A1
- 53-71233 M100CDN trailer

Beware! The Green Disease walks among us!