View Single Post
Old 22-04-20, 03:19
Lionel G. Evans

Hello All,

Thank you Chris and Phil for your insightful replies.

Phil are you describing a mezzanine type of level in your shed? Also known as partial second storey.

I have three options running through my head at the moment. Two of which are the Shipping Container instead of a mezzanine. The main limiting factor of the mezzanine would be the cost of structural steel and flooring.

The third option would be another shed. Living on acreage does have one or two benefits.

With a mezzanine it would be a lot of expense providing storage for parts that really just need to be kept out of the weather. That is why I thought of a shipping container.

There is a fourth option: I have two tray-back or flat-bed 1.5 ton trucks in the shed. With something like six steel posts and a number of horizontal joists each truck could have a deck where things could be stored. The deck would be raised above the truck bed. Once the vehicles can move under their own power each truck could be moved in and out of the shed. The trucks are parked nose out to the roller door by the way. So the area above the cab would remain unobstructed.

There is a fifth option: it is not mine .... it goes something like this..." how about you have a big clean up and get rid of all that rusty greasy old junk".

Kind regards
Lionel
Series III ex-Military Land Rovers x 2