View Single Post
Old 06-12-07, 02:29
3RD ECHELON WKSP

Shane, welcome to the world of cmps!

I was a newbie some 10 years ago now and have tinkered with quite a vast array of mvs during this time.

Firstly, some sound advice.. DO NOT, under and circumstances weld the steering arm...

MACH-ZL2 is a machinery lorry, your HUM is rather rare (its not a HUP)

Forget rebuilding the 216 unless you are a total purist. The fact that the engine serial doesn't match the data plates pre-empts this anyhow as it appears to be replacement and non original
The 216 was suceeded by the 235cid engine with full pressure oil system rather than the old splash technology the 216 came with. The 235 is a better motor and appears identical especially if you swap the valve cover and side cover over from the 216 you have.
Be careful to source out a later 235 as some of the early ones were still splash oilers.

All the engine parts are available at most good jobber shops.

Cmp parts are also available, worldwide, depending on what you need. Most of your body parts are easily fabricated if you cannot find original stuff. All the "jewellry" (read trinkets and stuff) are the nice to have things but don't help your project roll down the road. I would suggest a full mechanical assesment followed by whatever rebuilding is needed.

HUP, HUM, HUA, HUW rims are different from regular 16" cmp.

What are you needing as I probably know where you can find it, let me know! (BTW, I had a HUP for a couple years...)

1968 M274A5 Mule Baifield USMC
1966 M274A2 Mule BMY USMC
1958 M274 Mule Willys US Army
1970 M38A1 CDN3 70-08715 1 CSR
1981 MANAC 3/4T CDN trailer
1943 Converto Airborne Trailer
1983 M1009 CUCV

RT-524, PRC-77s,
and trucks and stuff and more stuff and and.......

OMVA, MVPA, G503, Steel Soldiers