View Single Post
Old 09-08-07, 16:00

Default International flavor...

Bonjour Bob

such a table would be very useful but should include date of purchase and which continent......

I have just heard from a member in Italy that he paid $270 Euro for a local Italian repro 216 water pump........ ouch....

It would be important to ID parts as used, NOS, rebuilt, etc....

source such as EBay , local flea market, specialized collectors flea markets, private individuals, repro dealers,

I have been stocking up on used distributors (235 - 261) and have paid from $3.75 US to $95 for NOS from EBay.... and the cheap one was in very usable shape..... dizzy caps and associated parts are readily available from auto parts store that has a patient part person to deal with...... price on a par with USA specialized old chevy parts dealers....

Just found a source for Spicer U joints (C15a) at $30 dollars Cdn over the counter from a truck suppliers in Ottawa......

Table could be merged to include the old/modern part numbers and make....

I would suggest the parts be indexed similar to the MB manauls using same group numbers.....engine 0.001, coolings 1.000 etc.

Will gladly share all my info/experience.....

It might be a good idea to have a seperate section in the forum..

Problem with all such ventures is that someone has to update the recent input info...... we all have precious information to share but usually prefer to spend time installing the parts than to list them.......

Courage mon ami.....

Bob
Canada