View Single Post
Old 29-11-05, 21:22
former OC MLU, AKA 'Jif' - sadly no longer with us

Default Re: Re: January 23rd

Quote:
Originally posted by sapper740
Hell just froze over!

After all the broken promises to the West by the Conservatives and Lyin' Brian, who I worked hard to get elected, I swore Hell would freeze over before I'd vote for the Conservatives again. However, since the only thing I hate more than a Conservative is a Liberal, I'm off to the Canadian consulate to see if I can get registered for an absentee vote. Geoff, who's the candidate in your riding and what's his address, I'm going to send a donation to him.
Derek,

Thanks, I'll know tomorrow who this chappie is. Apparently this is a HARD riding for Conservatives (Toronto-Danforth), so I will have my work cut out for me! It would be easier if I spoke more Greek than 'ouzo', 'souvlaki' and such, but what the hell.

Ref Brian, be advised he wasn't REALLY a Conservative... Trudeau wanted him in Cabinet but Brian saw the writing on the wall and went the other way. We haven't had the chance at a truly conservative leader since Stanfield ran, and we all know how he imploded. This will be a new experience. I was impressed watching Harper this morning... he spoke better than the other trained seals - no notes, no teleprompter, not even another yahoo mouthing him the words! Amazing.

Any good jobs down Texas way? Might need one if all this goes tits-up.