View Single Post
Old 25-11-05, 01:14
former OC MLU, AKA 'Jif' - sadly no longer with us

Default Election on the Way

The Official Opposition of the Canadian Parliament tabled a motion of non-confidence today, and it WILL be passed Monday. None too soon, I say, but un-nerving nonetheless, simply for the fact that I suspect the largely immigrant population of Ontario will once again elect the Liberals simply because they have been throwing about billions of dollars in the last two weeks, in an effort to buy votes. BTW, that's billions of MY money, and yours. It's an extension of a legacy which has plagued us for the last 12 years, if not the last 30.

I don't know what to say here except that I'm dissatisfied with what we have now, and fearful of what we might have to endure henceforth. While it's not my habit to inject political statements into this forum, I call myself old-fashioned and will even accept the epithet 'retrogressive'; we have not done well in the last generation, and I hope for better times to come.

Please feel free to add your comments (albeit keeping it polite), and for those of you considered 'our ilk', well, pray for us in whatever form you choose. Perhaps we can make a new start here. Every veteran I've ever spoken to would ask you the same.

Thank you, and

Geoff