View Single Post
Old 06-12-19, 14:21
carrier mech

The frame serial number is just over the left front shock absorber. I think there is also one on the cab firewall, but I wasn't able to locate it a few weeks back when I went to look for it. There is also a serial number stamped on the back left floor of the cargo box, although I have seen examples of those being mixed on vehicles. Some cargo boxes, if they were SEVs (Special Equipment Vehicles) were given their own CFRs. These would have their own data plate on the front right of the cargo box.

I have heard of at least one M35Cdn being road legal here in Manitoba. There were certain changes that the provincial insurance/transportation department required, including the installation of a dual brake system.

I have not tried to register mine for the road yet, but when I do it will just be as an antique, so should not be a big issue. When I look at the insurance calculator, it does list Bombardier as a manufacturer for trucks in those years.

The database for CFRs has to be looked up individually for each vehicle.

When you say M36C, are you talking abou tthe model with the crane in the back? If so, inspect it for cracking on the crossmember just to the back of the crane. A lot of guys wouldn't take the time to set up the outriggers, and with that long frame, it was quite common to crack that crossmember. The back cab mounting and crossmember were also quite subject to breakage.

Last edited by rob love; 06-12-19 at 14:35.