Thread: How To: Ford CMP "Blitz" miscellany
View Single Post
Old 10-06-21, 05:22
VMVC

Default Ford CMP truck- Front Curtains Cab 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Cecil View Post
Hi Jacques,

Perhaps we should point out that the side curtain shown in your images is for the '44 pattern Australian cab which had a flat-frame, de-mountable door with external hinges on pins welded to a forward insert in the door frame, which I think was about 2 inches wide, and an external door clamp at the rear end which snigged into a slotted plate welded to the exterior of the cab.

Maybe this different configuration accounts for the difference in length, although the actual 'window' opening above the door was still the same length, I think?

Mike
Hi Mike,

I have attached a photo of the type of side curtain you mentioned attached to a double skinned Ford door. Same as my pictures and drawing. This was the red herring for me. Note it is flush with the inside of the door and stops short of the front of the door sill. This makes sense as you mentioned for a flat frame door.

I apologize to whomever I copied the photo from, Keith maybe? Lifted it a long time ago and enlarged it. I cannot remember the source. Would like to acknowledge where it came from just the same.

Cheers,
Attached Thumbnails
ford curtain 2a.jpg  

Jacques Reed