Thread: How To: Ford CMP "Blitz" miscellany
View Single Post
Old 03-06-21, 04:02
VMVC

Default Roof dolly holder- Ford CMP

Good Day,

I have been a bit quiet on the restoration front lately. Seems since I reached my 70's last year the demands on my time has increased. No major medical problems for me but a few routine medical requirements often cut into the good available days to do something more enjoyable. The Covid crisis has also put more pressure on the available time. We have been doing a lot of baby sitting our grandkids to help out our son and daughter-in-law with their reduced income and longer working hours. Toddlers and workshops just don't mix however!

I did manage to knock up this dolly for my roof a month ago.
I got annoyed with it always being in the way, and by having it movable I can rearrange the shed as required. I can also store it above heavier things on the floor which gives me extra space and still be able to get to the items below if required.
It could also come in handy for transporting it as there is some repair work to be done to it, or to transport it if I can find a Sunshine roof. It fits nicely in the bed of my ute.

I had the old windscreen frame laying around and about $40 worth of 30mm RHS and bolts was all it took to fabricate it one weekend.

Money well spent to avoid aggravation!

Next project is a small spray booth for the same reason above.

Anyway, I am still around thankfully in these unsettling times.
Hope this is of some interest.

Cheers,
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0313a.JPG  

Jacques Reed