View Single Post
Old 04-07-20, 20:09
carrier mech

Yeah, I guess that is a little tougher if you are not currently connected to the military. Most units have now disposed of hard books and are strictly electronic, so you are probably looking at museums if they grabbed the CFTOs as the paper copies were diposed of. I have been doing that at the Shilo museum, and there is a wealth of info in those old CFTOs, some dating back to the second world war. I collected a lot of them myself over the years, but have been starting to bring them in to the museum and incorporating them into that collection. There may be others here like Ed, who have copies of the data summaries. You normally would have to look up each variant separately, so you would need to look at the C30570 series for the earlier vehicles, the C30670 series for the A2 series, and the C30770 series for the TLAVs. The variants of each generation of 113 will be near the parent numbers I have given. Thing like Lynx, M577A1, ARVL, A1 pioneer dozer will be in the 30570 to 30580 range...later models will be in the later ranged of numbers.

There are also the ELDs, (Equipment Logistic Directives) which will have a lot of information like this, but those are harder to come by. I didn't even know they existed until I got a partial set at the museum from one of the units as they were disposing of their manuals.